Help with Certs ?

docspawndocspawn Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All
Booked in for exam this tuesday and still havent quite got to grips with certificates. Watched the Nuggets a few times and read syngress but autoenrollment just anit sinking in. Seems to be soooooo much to it!. Anyone seen a 'basic' guide that makes sense
or any tips ? Cheers D.S.

Comments

• docspawndocspawn Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Dynamik, i may well have to order on wednesday !
    Off to read all can for next 48hrs, Kettle on, Coffee out............ !
    D.S.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the exam!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    Just back from test center, failed with the worse score ever (to embarrassed to say). Worked really hard on this one over3 months, did the nuggets, book and transcenders and was rather happy but WOW that was a real hard exam. Accually ran out of time in the end and so missed out a few sims because thought i'd come back to those !!
    Are the sims worth more 'points' than questions ?, i'm quessing thats
    were i lost big points.
    Any other exam tests worth looking at for this one, other than transcenders ?.
    Unhappy D.S.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ah, sorry to hear about the fail. MS doesn't say anything about the sims, but they've always felt a bit weighted in my opinion. Maybe they do something like Transcender and give you one point for each objective you complete.
  • Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Docspawn, sorry to hear about the fail. I've heard that this test is really hard! Be sure to look at the sheet that you received after you took the test and study the weaker areas hard. You'll pass second time around icon_thumright.gif
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
    Thanks chaps for support, my brain still hurts since yesterday
    so i think i'll take wkend off and decide what i'll do. Least i have got my 'free' second shot to try again.
    Note..If any help to others dont just concentrate on just PKI, Certs and DNS (need to know ALL very very well) but make
    sure you know how NLB/clustering works and are happy with how to config/fault find.
    Cheers
    D.S.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Unlucky. I personally found this one to be the hardest MS exam I've done thus far - 'weird' questions, covering what seemed to be the entire MS product set too!

At least you've seen it now and know what kind of things you need to brush up on, so be sure to use that second shot and go get it!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
    Your so right regarding the weird questions, if the questions were
    reasonable stright forward then i wouldnt have spent so long
    reading, re-reading and working out what the hell they are on about !!

If only the questions were like the test exams i did then life would be a whole lot easier !!.
    Cheers
    D.S.