Is the MCSE tests this easy?

encaruencaru Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are the MCSE certifications only 50 questions long???? i thought they were like 200 questions and like insanely hard, i'm totally confused about what to expect? can someone help me?

Comments

• Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    From experience, the MCSE tests are usually about 40-48 questions long. IMO, they are not easy though. The questions are very "wordy". Comptia tests usually give you a sentence or two in a question, but Microsoft a lot of times will throw a paragraph size question in, sometimes 2 paragraphs.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    encaru wrote: »
    Are the MCSE certifications only 50 questions long???? i thought they were like 200 questions and like insanely hard, i'm totally confused about what to expect? can someone help me?

Anything that has the title "engineer" can't be easy IMO.

Lets just say if there weren't brain **** - the MCSE numbers would be cut in half.
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    bjaxx wrote: »
    Lets just say if there weren't brain **** - the MCSE numbers would be cut in half.
    I'd say the number of MCSEs in the world would be much, much lower than just half of what it is now if there weren't braindumps.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • encaruencaru Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    im getting it now ive just got so little reference that its hard to form an opinion ... iduno anyway what are brain ****?
  • EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    encaru wrote: »
    im getting it now ive just got so little reference that its hard to form an opinion ... iduno anyway what are brain ****?

Braindumps are actual test questions memorized by testtakers and and redistributed/sold to people who would not normally pass the test. They are strictly taboo. Don't ask where to find them because they are sorely looked down upon by the genuinely certfied.
  • BigTex71BigTex71 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "Taboo" is a nice way of wording it. I have read that if you are found being involved in BrainDumps, MS will revoke your certs and give you a lifetime ban from their cert program. I don't know if that is 100% true, but it is best to stay away from BrainDumps.
    A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCSE | CCNA

Currently working towards MCITP: Enterprise Admin

Current Title: Network Administrator

Actual Job Functions: Network / Server / System Administrator, Tier-3 Help Desk, Jr. Project Manager, and "The Closer"
  • elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    BigTex71: Yeah you're right with that, do a google search for CSI: Redmond on google if you want more details.

encaru: Bear in mind one of the things that makes MCSE tricky is that while each exam is only about 50 questions long you have 7 of them to do and a good few of the mutliple choices are very similar (far more so than in the MCITP track).
  • maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
    The number of questions have nothing to do with an exam being easy or not...

for example, psychological profiling exams have about 150 questions in average, and they're easy, and CCNP exams are about 50 - 60 questions only... but for what i heard is really a tough exam...