Just started with 70-290 today

tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys i got promoted from IT tech to Jr. system admin, my boss told me to study mcsa in 4 months time than another promotion to system admin. I want to know if its doable ? mind u, i have A+ already and am also tacking N+ already.. here is the materials am using

Testout 70-290
ms-press book
tesking and **********
transcender

I study one hour a week weekdays and 3-4 hours weekends and holidays, any advice u can give me ?
B.Science Information Systems

Comments

• BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Good staff mate, keep an eye on sumilations and make sure you visit this site everyday, you will pass that 70 -290 i will be taking the "Beast" next.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    tribe_menx wrote: »
    Hey guys i got promoted from IT tech to Jr. system admin, my boss told me to study mcsa in 4 months time than another promotion to system admin. I want to know if its doable ? mind u, i have A+ already and am also tacking N+ already.. here is the materials am using

Testout 70-290
    ms-press book
    tesking and **********
    transcender

I study one hour a week weekdays and 3-4 hours weekends and holidays, any advice u can give me ?

Testout, transcender, and the MS Press book are great materials, but the others are braindumps and are illegal. They give the answers to the test, and is cheating. You can check if sources are legitimate or not at CertGuard - Exam Security & Integrity
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, wat about cbt nuggets as a source for studying .. i wont need braindumps ... am running vmware on my pc to practise server 2003 from home and my experince from work is enough ... is transcender the best pratical exam source ?
  • bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, wat about cbt nuggets as a source for studying .. i wont need braindumps ... am running vmware on my pc to practise server 2003 from home and my experince from work is enough ... is transcender the best pratical exam source ?

CBT Nuggets and Transcender are the best resources available in my opinion. These combined with the MS press book should be fine. I think TesOut are pretty good as well but haven't personally used them.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    CBT Nuggets in general are great, but they're videos only and no study materials/labs/practice questions come with the videos. I really do like the teaching style of the CBT Nuggets folks, but I would have to say that TestOut beats them out in terms of bang for your buck. TestOut includes simulations, labs, videos, and practice questions. I'm using TestOut in combination with with the MS Press book and so far I'm feeling pretty comfortable with it. The MS Press book is really dry, but meh, what do you expect. If I had unlimited financial resources, I'd pick up the CBT Nuggets videos too so that I could have some slightly more entertaining & fun material to add to my study repertoire. If your employer is paying for the study materials and if money is no object, then I'd vote for TestOut + MS Press book + CBT Nuggets.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    booked my exam today will write the 15th of may ... i think i will have enough time my company did buy me testout materials early february cause am in africa it took a while to finally make use of them ..... testout looks pretty good .. someone suggested transcender but i dunno if it will also help ...... seeing that some materials are demmed to be illegal and is for cheaters
  • Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    booked my exam today will write the 15th of may ... i think i will have enough time my company did buy me testout materials early february cause am in africa it took a while to finally make use of them ..... testout looks pretty good .. someone suggested transcender but i dunno if it will also help ...... seeing that some materials are demmed to be illegal and is for cheaters

Transcender and Testout are legal practice tests. I've never used Testout before, but I've used Transcender before and it is a great tool to use when preparing for an exam.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293