Options

294 - 1st Fail EVER!!!

Ok ok I guess it's my turn! About 2 weeks ago, the 294 hit me with the knock out blow after I won a hard battle with 293. My score was 548 which is terrible by my standards. I got about half of everything I needed to know, so says my score sheet. I can't believe my 1st IT exam failure came at the hands of this 294 character. Less than 50 questions.
Needless to say, I've been ramping up for it again and will be sitting the exam for a second time on March 17th. I'll keep you guys/girls informed. Thank goodness for Second Shot vouchers...

-EDIT-

Passed this exam 17 March with a 769.

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Unlucky. Have you read through the various links from Royals sticky on this forum? They are really good and well worth the read.

Good luck for the retake on the 17th, I've got mine around that date as well so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    294 is definitely a quite beast. I pulled my worst score ever from that one, a 700. Work hard in your studies and good luck on the retake!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Bummer dude. You'll get it next time though.

I've also been trying to read Royal's link farm as I try to study for this exam icon_smile.gif. What are you guys using to study? I'm using the MS Press book along with some Preplogic Audio CD's, practice exam and their mega guide. I found this MCSE in a nutshell guide that seams pretty good. I also created this multi-tree, multi-domain Active Directory forest lab that has no rhyme or reason. Good times, good times.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've also been trying to read Royal's link farm as I try to study for this exam icon_smile.gif. What are you guys using to study?

MS Press, CBT Nuggets, Royals stickies (technet), loads of virtual machines in various scenarios (i.e. mostly breaking them on purpose), and generally building on past experiences etc :D. I've got the exam on Monday so I'm doing a bit of everything.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    bertieb wrote: »
    I've got the exam on Monday so I'm doing a bit of everything.

Good Luck! I really need to catch up to you guys icon_smile.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good to know there's a testing center there. You'll do better next time, just consider this a warm-up :)

BTW, I believe the designation for Iraq is IZ, not IQ..especially if you're there with the gov't. I realize the Int'l zone is also called the IZ..but I have yet to see any official documents with IQ on it.
  • Options
    cbriantcbriant Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    70-294's a bit of a dark horse, I failed this one myself first time after passing all the previous exams first time. I'd say this exam is the most difficult out of all of them, probably because of the wording of the questions being designed to catch you out. I thought this one would be much easier, but it wasn't.

On the second shot I just studied heavily for a couple of days before the exam using readiness review suite that comes with the book. The readiness review suite is really good for this exam and I concentrated on the GP stuff.

You'll probably be more prepared the next time as you've already had a shot at the exam and know what to expect.
  • Options
    hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Good to know there's a testing center there. You'll do better next time, just consider this a warm-up :)

BTW, I believe the designation for Iraq is IZ, not IQ..especially if you're there with the gov't. I realize the Int'l zone is also called the IZ..but I have yet to see any official documents with IQ on it.

I didn't know Iraq had an official designation considering that I've been here four years but I guess someone knows. Thanks.