Options

How does Testout rate?

HolyWarsHolyWars Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was wondering for those who have sat the 70-290 exam if they would recommend the Testout practice exams?

Comments

• Options
    MeastMeast Banned Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use Testout for all of my certs, use Testout and I recommend doing the practice exams twice, trust me, works! That method definitely helped me out for 291!
  • Options
    toteman85toteman85 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well I have done so far 270, 290, 291 and 284 using test out, and was very good, let me tell you the questions in the 270 and 290, were almost the same questions and helped me a lot, but I found some difference between the questions in the 291 and in the 284 but I just brushed up the materiala little bit more and passed both exams, I think Testout is a great material. good luck
  • Options
    HolyWarsHolyWars Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, thanks dudes,
    I have used it for 70-271/72 and using it for 70-620 atm and it seems to be very good for those exams. The reason I asked is that I took a practice test for 70-290 with next to no prior experiance of Server 2003 (about 5 hours) and without opening the press book just to see where I stood and what to expect. I somehow managed to get a passing score using what I had leant with 70-271 and 70-272 exams together with some educated guessing. I certainly dont intend just to jump into the real exam without study, but I was somewhat suprised with the result I got. I have much more confidence now as I prepair to go into study mode ;)
  • Options
    tanixtanix Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use Testout as well. Used it so far for my A+, Network+, Security+, and 70-270.

I have yet to fail an exam so far with them. Don't short cut though. Watch all the vids carefully as sometimes they cover brief concepts that aren't denoted in the notes of each chapter. Also, pay close attention to the sims as they do the same in some situations.

Follow their recommendations too. Make sure you are hitting the passing scores of every chapter and consistently hitting passing with the "typical exam" ones. If you feel weak in an area, then go back and study it more closely to strengthen up.

Word of warning though, in some cases you might end up taking the tests so many times that you "know" the answers to the questions. To avoid a false sense of confidence either use an additional source of practice tests to back it up or reason out "why" the answer is what it is on those that you may remember. That way you "learn" the concept and not simply the question.