Happy days - 294 (and MCSE) finally finished

bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
Well, I kinda knew it was going to be a good day when, for the first time since 1982, there is lovely sunshine in Manchester, UK. So, full of the joys of spring I've passed this one today with an 884 and that, finally, concludes the MCSE. It seems a really long time ago since I was preparing for the Security+ to get back into certs!

As far as this exam goes, It's definitely a sleeping beastie (like Undomiel has said in various posts). It's not THAT bad, but you really have to read the questions thoroughly and I can see how easy it would be to miss information and fail it in the process. I don't think I've ever used the paper/pen as much in any MS exam. To study for this one I've used MS Press (good), CBT Nuggets (good), Royals stickies (highly recommended - read them!), other technet articles and lots of lab work to complement several years of real life experience.

I've got the rest of this week off work which means I'll be able to hammer out a few XBOX360 games I've been neglecting, as well as watch all the action movies I can without interruption from the missus :) Oh yeah, and to get steaming drunk with a few Czech beers tonight! Next week I'll be starting the 2008 upgrade stuff for the Enterprise Admin track - I've been on a couple of Win2008 courses recently and I want to get those done while they remain fresh in my head, so 70-649 will be next.

Thanks everyone for the comments/posts and support. TechExams.net and its contributors are excellent and being here has definitely contributed greatly to my certification achievements.

Woohoo!
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Mate!

Nice one, congrats!! i bet your glad that one is tied up now!

Good luck on the 2008 track, not that you will prob need it!

Well done, and enjoy the fine taste of the czech beer!!!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

I'm very happy you have achieved this milestone. Enjoy your time off and have a few for me.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Well done mate

Never had a doubt that you would get this on the first go. Enjoy your study break and week off. Glad to finally welcome you to the MCSE club, I know its been a long haul and a lot of hard work.

On to 2008 upgrade and being up to date :)

but for now......

ENJOY THE BEER!!!
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Congratulations!
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. Thats great.