Options

Learning CallManager

Just a question about CCM - when one has completed the CCVP track, I know that CallManager should be quite familiar at that point. I often compare CCM with Photoshop in complexity (roughly speaking). They're both behemoths to learn.

Since I'm more familiar with Photoshop than I am with CCM, I can't imagine knowing PS inside out after a few months of studying it. It really takes years to learn it well. I'm wondering if it's the same with CCM. You learn it fairly well (for those of us who don't have access to it at work) and manage to pass a cert test(s) on it. Then it's up to you to get to know it really well.

For those of you who have passed CIPT and TUC (or obtained CCVP already), do you feel this is the case? On a scale of 1 to 100 (with 1 being "I've never used CallManager" to 100 being "I know every aspect of the program like the back of my hand"), how well should one know CCM at a minimum after completing CCVP? Any thoughts? It would help me to know how much time to spend learning the program.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• Options
    empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    Just a question about CCM - when one has completed the CCVP track, I know that CallManager should be quite familiar at that point. I often compare CCM with Photoshop in complexity (roughly speaking). They're both behemoths to learn.

Since I'm more familiar with Photoshop than I am with CCM, I can't imagine knowing PS inside out after a few months of studying it. It really takes years to learn it well. I'm wondering if it's the same with CCM. You learn it fairly well (for those of us who don't have access to it at work) and manage to pass a cert test(s) on it. Then it's up to you to get to know it really well.

For those of you who have passed CIPT and TUC (or obtained CCVP already), do you feel this is the case? On a scale of 1 to 100 (with 1 being "I've never used CallManager" to 100 being "I know every aspect of the program like the back of my hand"), how well should one know CCM at a minimum after completing CCVP? Any thoughts? It would help me to know how much time to spend learning the program.

After you pass CIPT you should know your way around call manager for basic stuff and INT stuff. More importantly. You should know where to find information."THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWING IT ALL". On my desktop I have copies of the CCM4 and 6 sys admin guides. I usually go through one of them a few times a day when working on cases. As I'm going though my studies I'm finding that most of the information you need to pass the exams are actually free. Some of the questions I had on the CIPT exam were word for word out the CCM4 books for free on cisco's site.