Options

Labs to do before ICND1?

Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
I'm not that far away from my ICND1, and I'm done learning hard facts. What I need to do now, is some more labs! So, shoot me with some tough scenarios to work through!

I got access to quite a nice cisco lab at school and RouterSim 6.0 aswell!
CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.

Comments

• Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    RIPv2 is pretty important.

Setup 2 routers, with each LAN interface on a separate network. The serial network between the routers should be the same network of course. Setup RIP.

Setup a switch connected to the LAN interface on each network. Use port security to lock down the router port, and use port security sticky to lockdown the PC ports. Create a VLAN on each switch in the same network as the router interface.

Setup DHCP on the router (just for fun)

Setup warning banners, and enable telnet on the switches.

Power up a PC on each switch, and make sure they can ping each other (across the serial WAN link). If not, figure out why.

HTH
    Drew
  • Options
    Do I need to know the Split-horizon and route poisoning? :)
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    For ICND1, I doubt it....Drew
  • Options
    MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think you just need to aware of what they are and the basics of how they work.
  • Options
    Keep the labs coming, guys :)

I did set up a 4-router RIP-wan with /30 masks. Worked out fine!