Internet Explorer 8 is here!

rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
I was tasked with doing some site-compatibility testing with IE8 since it is officially out now and I have to say I am pretty impressed. It is much more responsive than IE7 and has some cool features. It seems more secure and has the pr0n mode feature as well. ;)

Only beef I have with it is the Suggested Sites feature. While it is cool and works fine, when I use it from this site it recommends **** sites to me. So far I can't find a way to block or report any of these sites using the browser. icon_neutral.gif

Other than that I like it. Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

Comments

• HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    It's better than IE7 so far, but since they don't have any addons or a built in way to conveniently allow scripting granularly like FireFox + NoScript, I don't think it's going to displace Firefox for my browser of choice.
    Good luck to all!
  • loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    I beta tested it and was remarkably stable. However I still prefer Chrome over IE7 or 8.
  • nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been Beta testing it at home for a while, too, I like it but have had a few Non-Responding issues, could be down to a plug-in, overall it has performed better then IE7 has for me.

I wouldn't recommend it over Firefox or Chrome though.
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I've been playing with the 8 beta for a while... I just downloaded the released version today... It seems better than the beta, but I'm still sticking with Firefox.
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    The 64 bit version seems really unstable, after every site or so IE would crash. The 32 bit version seems fine, it's snappy and a lot better then IE7.
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    I'm running the 64-bit at home with no issues ?icon_neutral.gif Interesting...

Anyway, I still use Firefox heavily, but I am liking the developer tools that are built-in IE8. :D
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the Beta for months, then I had an application issue with an HP software "For Printer HP C7200 series".

After contacting HP they said that I have to remove IE 8 Beta to install the HP Software! , That was the only solution.

I mainly use FireFox but I might give it another shot.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I was beta testing and it is the first IE browser I've had problems wiht.

I had to go back to 7 until it is more stable. Several of my vendor sites would lock and I just didn't have that problem in IE7 or since I've rolled back.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    I am using it with windows 7 and I have no issues with it

I have only ever used explorer mostly but never got used to tabbed browsing, with explorer 7 i always opened a new instance to open a new webpage, explorer 8 doesnt let you do that it will only open once and force you to open a new tab

After years of opening seperate windows for my websearch it will take a while to get used to it

Lee H
  • Angie1313Angie1313 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my response to anything IE is eh...i'll stick with Firefox. If i'm really desperate Chrome then. I just don't like Google knowing that much about me.
    Just because I'm a girl, doesn't mean I can't have my Microsoft certification...:)