Net+ BETA 12/07/04 TEST, Wish me luck

stallion750stallion750 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have not taken the Net+ yet. I tried to get a free Net+ BETA exam voucher, but I just recieved an email saying that I will not be recieving a free voucher icon_mad.gif . However, on a good note, they gave me a code so I can take the test for $50 instead of $75. Just looked over the new objectives and there were some items that I have not seen before, so I will be using "Google" alot this week icon_lol.gif . BTW has anyone taken the new test yet? After I take the test I will post as much info that I can.

Comments

• cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Hey man good luck & tell us how it was
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Best of luck, stallion750!

That's not a bad price for a good chance!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • stallion750stallion750 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just read that fine print. You will not know of PASS/FAIL status for upto 60 days. icon_mad.gif That is just plain wrong
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah i noticed that too. Two months of wonder. Oh well it was free so we will have to get over it.

But you can still give us the inside info on the questions you saw :)
  • CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Almost all betas take a while to get scored. They have to evaluate every question and make sure that they are valid questions based on the number of people that pass or fail.

I don't really care if I don't know if I pass/fail for 2 months, as I don't need the cert, but if you are looking to get the cert right away betas aren't too good.
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...
  • luhnyluhny Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i was one of the lucky 500 to get a freebie voucher
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Good Luck.....The new Net+ I heard is alot more difficult than the previous version.
    garv221 wrote:
    Good Luck.....The new Net+ I heard is alot more difficult than the previous version.

it will only make us better techs ;)

I think they gave away 1000. 500 to each vue and thompson.
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    I too was one of the lucky ones to get a free voucher. I'll be testing on December 22nd. By the way, I'll also be testing for my CCNA on December 18th. Wish me luck!
  • TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll be taking the beta exam on 12/30. I'm afraid I've got a LOT of studying to do before then! (But if I don't pass, at least I'll still have a couple months to take the old exam before the 2005 objectives go into effect.)
    Travler wrote:
    I'll be taking the beta exam on 12/30. I'm afraid I've got a LOT of studying to do before then! (But if I don't pass, at least I'll still have a couple months to take the old exam before the 2005 objectives go into effect.)

ah, good idea. i had not thought of reverting to the old one if i dont pass, lol. hopefully we would get our results back in time to do so
  • stallion750stallion750 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□