Options

A+ Core vs A+ OS

ShadeviceShadevice Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey there. I plan on getting certified in A+ very soon. Just starting out though. Literally, today.

First of all about my thread title, what is the main difference?

Secondly this is my plan. I will buy CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide Deluxe by Sybex. I will study this thoroughly and then gauge my knowledge by online practice tests.

Is there anything else I should know/do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Welcome.

There is no 'core' vs. 'os' any longer.

Please refer to the CompTIA website.

A+ Certification, CompTIA A+ Certifications
    You will take the Essentials exam + one of the 3 electives (based on where you work).

Get the objectives:
    CompTIA Certification Exam Objectives

Review some sample questions:
    CompTIA Sample Test Questions

Training assistance:
    Find Training Materials For CompTIA Certifications

(though I'd recommend Meyers and/or Sybex texts as your main study material in addition to experience).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with plantwiz, the A+ exam has been updated and no longer has a Core or OS exam. Instead it has The essentails exam that cover many topics including troubleshooting, diagnostics, networking, security and soft skills.
  • Options
    someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    So is it just 1 exam that covers everything? or 2 part?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?