Options

Free Kapersky for UK Barclays customers

KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
Almost time to update my AV and was looking at Kapersky.

Then I found out Barclays customers can get it for free if you have online banking.

Look here:

PC and mobile security offer - Barclays

Currently on Norton but that keeps accessing my hard drive and almost insisting I upload my files to them which has become really annoying. Especially as I have Vista with over half a milion files on there. Apart from that, great AV seeing as I blagged it free with a new PC.
Kam.

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kam,

Did this work OK for you? My gf uses barclays banking and was going to get her to blag us a free copy?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    nel wrote: »
    Kam,

Did this work OK for you? My gf uses barclays banking and was going to get her to blag us a free copy?

Nel,

Yep, worked a treat. You initially get a 30 day subscription whilst they validate you with Barclays and once that is done you get an email with the 1 year activation code.

Looks a lot more proactive than the Norton 360 I had which seemed to have a fascination with my hard drive. It did uninstall itself properly which I was very surprised at. Once I installed it I gave the PC a full scan and it was surprising what it found that 360 had missed for a year.

I think Kaspersky were doing a half price sale of $20 but if you are a Barclays member, it's worth 5 minutes to get it for free.

EDIT: Just received the activation code so not counting the weekend, that took about 2 days. As a bonus, you get 3 licences for home use.
    Kam.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kam,

Thanks for that mate! i'll tell the ole gf to sort me out ;)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking