Gns3

commodorecommodore Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
gns3.net

This emulator seems like a valuable tool but does anyone have any suggestions on getting the IOS's ???

Important notice: users have to provide their own Cisco IOS to use with GNS3.

Comments

• blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Apprantely this is a non brain **** and no IOS share forum.

I love google me ;)
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Get buddy buddy with the network guy at your work/school and ask him for a router IOS image that will work in GNS.
  • dublinguydublinguy Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    commodore wrote: »
    gns3.net

This emulator seems like a valuable tool but does anyone have any suggestions on getting the IOS's ???

Important notice: users have to provide their own Cisco IOS to use with GNS3.

I tried my best but couldnt get hands on the IOS image,I installed packet tracer 5 and its rocking,I dont need GNS3.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Your best bet is to search a help-site, like Blindhog.net, for information on properly configuring Dynamips/GSN3 with the required IOS images.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    dublinguy wrote: »
    I tried my best but couldnt get hands on the IOS image,I installed packet tracer 5 and its rocking,I dont need GNS3.

You are/or will be saddly mistaken. Packet tracer will not do everything the real IOS will do. That is the beauty of GNS3 or real hardware.

good luck
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • commodorecommodore Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the input from everyone. I do have Packet Tracer 5.0 also. I just don't feel like buying the hardware in these times of my straight outta low cash, especially when this emulator can yield a lab for free with the same results of physical equipment.

Anyway Thanks again.
  • dublinguydublinguy Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Your best bet is to search a help-site, like Blindhog.net, for information on properly configuring Dynamips/GSN3 with the required IOS images.

Thanks for sharing the link, i am working on it and got things working. I didnt realise the difference in packet tracer and GNS3, but got it working now so will do all practicals now in different way.
    However i used packet tracer 5 to practice all for CCENT.

Thanks again.