642-611 MPLS Scheduled

adriansizemoreadriansizemore Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I scheduled my exam. any helpful advice? It's not for a while, but I want to nail this test on first attempt.

On a side note, how many people here work in a large ISP? I work for a global ISP in our backbone group; this is why I chose to pursue my CCIP before CCNP. I am lucky enough to see just about all the CCIP concepts in use.
10 years Military (6 as data tech)
A.A.S Telecom/Network Technologies
CCNA
642-611
Backbone Engineer

Comments

• APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Work for the third largest ISP in Australia, not a Global ISP but were working on it. In the meantime looking at taking that 2nd Largest title.... ;p

I work in Operations Engineering. Very exciting position and I love the dynamic environment.

CCNP got me in the door, I'm currently pursuing my CCIP - Have you sat the QoS component yet?

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • WRKNonCCNPWRKNonCCNP Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I currently work at a global ISP. The topics in the CCIP seem tailor-fitted to one of the network services my company offers. I think we might work for the same company. :)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Have you already done the BGP exam?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • SettSett Member Posts: 187
    I also work for a large ISP, actually one of the local leaders in my country. I am applying for a graduate program at one of the global ISPs this summer, really, really would like this to happen.

Internetworks are the thing that I plan to focus for the future, still I start to purse the CCNP before the CCIP, as it is the more basic cert.
    Anyway, good luck at your exam !!!
    Non-native English speaker
  • adriansizemoreadriansizemore Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have been going through the first volume of MPLS and VPN Arch. and starting volume 2. These books don't really seem like study-guides, so I was wonder if there was anyone, who already took the mlps test, give a brief layout of what is the most important.
    10 years Military (6 as data tech)
    A.A.S Telecom/Network Technologies
    CCNA
    642-611
    Backbone Engineer