Switching our ticketing system

mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
We currently have Front Range's ITSM and we're moving to Remedy. Anybody use this? Apparently, it's number one. ITSM is horrible, very buggy. I guess if we had a dedicated administrator for it, it would be much better though.

One of our IT Directors got a good deal on it; they're giving it to us for free, so now we're switching to Remedy. Just looking to get some feed back on it.

Thanks
Working on Linux+

Comments

• oo_snoopyoo_snoopy Member Posts: 124
    Never used it but I've heard good things about it.
    I used to run the internet.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I did use it - but aaaages ago .... When I used it (5 years ago) it was a simple CRM and easy to handle / to work with.

I hope they didn't complicated it too much over the years. Oh and mind you, I used it as a "user" and not "admin" .. so I won't be of any help really ...

I think I really 'hate' only one CRM - Siebel ... man that was horrible and buggy when I used it a while back...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • sdyesssdyess Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use Remedy right now, and it is wonderful!! Only issue is when our anti virus ran, it would not work, we had to change the time the anti virus ran, and no more lag time!! If you have any specific questions, let me know, I am pretty well versed in Remedy 7!!
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Funny that you mention it...I am in the middle of an upgrade from Remedy 5 to Remedy 7.1. It is expensive but it is very solid...if configured correctly. There are several modules available that make it capable of doing just about anything you need. We are focusing most on Incedent Management, but the Assett Management and CMDB modules look like fun. On a side note, they are moving toward a completely web-based system and future versions are going to be driven more by product categorization than by operational categorization.

If you understand my rant, you will enjoy using Remedy. ;)
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Hate It!!! I am not the administrator of the application. But getting useful stats out of the program is nearly impossible. I have to submit some type of script to even get home many tickets are closed by engineers on a week to week basis. The best I have used is called ISIS.

Creative Internet Solutions > ISIS Helpdesk
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
    We just use the predefined scripts and export to Crystal Reports, never had an issue. ?icon_neutral.gif
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We used to use Remedy at my previous position, my current one uses SupportWeb. It's not bad. I might even say as far as accessibility, I prefer SupportWeb. Remedy worked good too, though.
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    rfult001 wrote: »
    Funny that you mention it...I am in the middle of an upgrade from Remedy 5 to Remedy 7.1. It is expensive but it is very solid...if configured correctly. There are several modules available that make it capable of doing just about anything you need. We are focusing most on Incedent Management, but the Assett Management and CMDB modules look like fun. On a side note, they are moving toward a completely web-based system and future versions are going to be driven more by product categorization than by operational categorization.

If you understand my rant, you will enjoy using Remedy. ;)

We made a purchase for Asset Management I believe, and they're hooking us up with Incident Management as well. I'm eager to use it and get away from what we have now. We're having so many issues right now, and Frontrange isn't helping too much with fixing them.
    Working on Linux+
  • sdyesssdyess Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    On my team, we strictly use Incident Management and really, really like it.
    One of the big things I like about Remedy is the support from BMC. We have never had a problem with them, and we have found resolutions to MOST of our issues. Now the Oracle backend is a different story...I wish we had gone with MS SQL Server, I at least know how to use that. Friggin' contracts...