What is an excellent CCENT Study Guide?

kagekage Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I planning on taking the CCENT exam this summer and I want to know what is an excellent CCNET study guide? Today I asked my Cisco Acadmey Professor in my CISCO Router class and he recommended the CCENT Exam Cram.

Comments

• tim100tim100 Member Posts: 162
    kage wrote: »
    I planning on taking the CCENT exam this summer and I want to know what is an excellent CCNET study guide? Today I asked my Cisco Acadmey Professor in my CISCO Router class and he recommended the CCENT Exam Cram.

Try the Cisco Press titles by Wendell Odom. I wouldn't recommend the Exam Cram because it really doesn't cover that much as far as learning the material. They might be good for quick reference but I would go with something that has a bit more detail.
  • amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    tim100 wrote: »
    Try the Cisco Press titles by Wendell Odom.

+1

I also found the CBT Nuggets videos very helpful.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    ... and come back here when you get stuck.

TE also has loads of terrific information.
    Kam.
  • leviatusleviatus Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tom Lammle's book and Jeremy's CBT Nuggets, combined with lurking these forums, have been the biggest help to me so far.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Lammle's book published by Sybex was IMO the better book for the ICND1 exam... However I think I favored the Cisco Press book for the ICND2 exam. Overall the Sybex books are easier to read but I think for the ICND2 the Sybex book lacked a bit of info in some areas compared to the Cisco Press book.
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    Lammle's book published by Sybex was IMO the better book for the ICND1 exam... However I think I favored the Cisco Press book for the ICND2 exam. Overall the Sybex books are easier to read but I think for the ICND2 the Sybex book lacked a bit of info in some areas compared to the Cisco Press book.

If you're only taking the ICND1 exam, I would recommend Wendell Odom's book. I passed about three weeks ago and the book was amazing. Coming out of the exam I felt that I was prepared 100% and that anything that I missed was something that I didn't focus on in the book.

As for Lammle, it's an awesome, easy to read book...but I'm not sure he makes one for just the CCENT (ICND1) one yet. I bought the CCNA study guide which is the one exam route and it would be difficult to sift through what information you need for ICND1 when it's combined with stuff from the ICND2 and combined exam.

As an aside...I don't know what I quoted your text Megadeth! Pushed the wrong button I guess. To lazy to delete it.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I just wanted to point out that Lammle does have one for just the CCENT... I then picked up his CCNA book afterward and found myself re-reading a lot of information from the CCENT (obviously) but it was a good refresher.

Amazon.com: CCENT: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician Study Guide: ICND1 (Exam 640-822) (Exam 640-822 With CD): Todd Lammle: Books
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    I just wanted to point out that Lammle does have one for just the CCENT... I then picked up his CCNA book afterward and found myself re-reading a lot of information from the CCENT (obviously) but it was a good refresher.

Amazon.com: CCENT: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician Study Guide: ICND1 (Exam 640-822) (Exam 640-822 With CD): Todd Lammle: Books

Excellent, then I think you wouldn't go wrong with either Lammle or Odom as they are both great writers.
  • kagekage Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended buying the CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide, Second Edition by Wendall Odom at Borders today with my 40% off coupon.