Elective 298 or 297

Ok fellow MCSE candidates or MCSE's, here's a question for you. When choosing between the 70-298 or 70-297 for MCSE, how did you decide? Was it based on ease of completion or based on something in the future like the "S" identifier? Another question, which one is easier? Lol!
-EDIT-
I meant for the design exams not electives, sorry.

Comments

• bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I did 298, purely because I do more security design work than designing an AD infrastructure. It was fairly straight forward though I have a decent amount of experience. I can't advise which would be best for you, probably whichever would be of more use to you in your role I'd imagine :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • spaatspaat Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I went the security route and did 298 also. It was based on case study's and although it was not easy, it was very intuitive. I got about 5 case studys for a total of about 50 questions. Be warned though that each case study has a time limit.
  • gangxtagangxta Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took 298 yesterday, and have to say that it is pretty easy.

And also, like other's have said, 298 can be used for ':Security' if you so desire. Overall, if you have taken previous tests (290,291,293,294), the 298 should be a breeze.

I cannot comment on 297 since I never studied or took it, but I would recommend 298 to anyone that is a few MS tests in. The material is nothing new, the questions are sometimes ridiculously easy, and 298 will work for any MCSE track. What more could you want !!?!?!??!