Options

A+ Essentials test, what materials did you use to study?

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hello, to all the tech forum members. I’m currently going to college to obtain my network administrator degree. I have 40 credits, and I need 91 credits to complete to the program. When I’m doing with my schooling I will have an A.A.S. degree. Here’s a list of what I’m using or have used
Exam cram- Comp Tia A+ Practice questions (Comes with a CD the has a test engine developed by measure up.)
The Ultimate A+ resource kit (This package has flash cards, a huge book, and a CD with tests questions.)
A+ for dummies
Also I purchased 3 online courses from Transcender for the A+ essentials.
ACM-Skill Soft player Essentials course: This is my favorite study tool to use. The study mode allows you to see the right answer, and all the wrong answers too!! Also, the Skill Soft player explains each one of the answers, and why they were wrong, or why they were correct.
I was wondering how long everyone studied for the A+ examine? My instructor at school said to study by spending 2 hours each with the CD, and once you reach 70-80% it’s time to take the test. I have been spending one or 2 hours with the CD, and then reading the for dummies book and then writing stuff down on note cards that are in the book. Well I have an A+ essentials class that I’m taking next semester in school, and after that course I then plan to take the examine.
I was wondering what’s the value of an A+ certification without having the 500 hours of experience? Also,what are the best training materials for A+ certification ?
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    d00dled00dle Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use A+ complete study guide to study essential and barely pass the essential w/o experience. I think If I have some sort of tech or desktop support experience, it would be much easier since i got a lot of troubleshooting questions on the exam.
    Comptia A+
    220-601: Essentials - score 685 (March, 2009)
    220-602: IT Technician - score 792 (March, 2009)

Comptia Network+
    N10-003 - score 554 (April, 2009)

MCTS
    70-620: Configuring Windows Vista - score 807 (May, 2009)
  • Options
    phfatyphfaty Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, to all the tech forum members. I’m currently going to college to obtain my network administrator degree. I have 40 credits, and I need 91 credits to complete to the program. When I’m doing with my schooling I will have an A.A.S. degree. Here’s a list of what I’m using or have used
    Exam cram- Comp Tia A+ Practice questions (Comes with a CD the has a test engine developed by measure up.)
    The Ultimate A+ resource kit (This package has flash cards, a huge book, and a CD with tests questions.)
    A+ for dummies
    Also I purchased 3 online courses from Transcender for the A+ essentials.
    ACM-Skill Soft player Essentials course: This is my favorite study tool to use. The study mode allows you to see the right answer, and all the wrong answers too!! Also, the Skill Soft player explains each one of the answers, and why they were wrong, or why they were correct.
    I was wondering how long everyone studied for the A+ examine? My instructor at school said to study by spending 2 hours each with the CD, and once you reach 70-80% it’s time to take the test. I have been spending one or 2 hours with the CD, and then reading the for dummies book and then writing stuff down on note cards that are in the book. Well I have an A+ essentials class that I’m taking next semester in school, and after that course I then plan to take the examine.
    I was wondering what’s the value of an A+ certification without having the 500 hours of experience? Also,what are the best training materials for A+ certification ?

Hi,

I just got my A+ IT certification earlier this month. I used Mike Meyer's All-In-One 6th Edition book, Sybex A+ study guide book, Testout CBTs, and practice tests found all over the internet. I studied at least 2 to 3 hours per day. If you can score at least 80% on the A+ Essentials sample test located at A+, Network+, Electronics then you are ready to take the exam.
    A+ IT:03/09
    Network+:WIP
  • Options
    logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am in a similar situation. I am a networking student as well. I have just finihed my last computer class (A+ prep course). I just purchased the Exam Cram practice questions, and I have read the Marcraft book, and the Jean Andrews book as well. Ibought the Exam Cram book to get some more up to date test questions. I really like the software that came with the book. It's similar to the Marcraft software, but you can customize the test better. I would like to take the test on my birthday (April 17th)I think I should at least be able to pass the essentials. So far I'm getting between 70 and 80% on the practice tests. This site helps alot as well.