Options

Passed 640-802

BarryprBarrypr Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed today, feels good, Used cbt and Todd Lamelle book, tough exam but I got through it, not much of a poster here but learnt alot from reading the posts.

Tips for exam would be to keep an eye on the time, don't spend too much time on sims if you can't get them working, be able to subnet very very quickly.

Onto ms 70-290 next

Comments

• Options
    verbalaverbala Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good job mang!!!!
  • Options
    runsshrunssh Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job. Thanks for the tip as well!
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! Seems everyone says to know subnetting inside and out and FAST. Wonder if it's true?! ;)

Good job!
  • Options
    Thanks guys and yes subnetting subnetting subnetting, the time goes very quick thats why I say don't get too caught up in the sims, you don't no when you are going to get one, I had several!

Starting my study for MCP today so I'll be snooping over in those forums. Also hopefully I will be able to get my first job in IT now that I have A+, N+, CCNA, 2 years programming all behind me, been applying every place I can think of, hope something turns up.
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Congrats on your pass, well done.

Where are you from, Dublin?.

Best of luck with your next cert.

Regards

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • Options
    PremierCisco thanks, No I'm from Limerick
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Not far from me so, i'm next door in Tipperary.

Yes the job front in Ireland is not very good at the moment, however keep sending out your C.V.'s and eventually someone will bite.

Even if they are looking for experience still apply. Are you only looking for positions in Limerick or further a field like Dublin etc....

It begs the question, how am i to get experience if no one will give me the job to get experience. I've been there so i know what your going through.

Have your tried the company called IT Force. Their website is IT Force - IT Consulting, Contract Technical Staff, Outsourced IT, Technical Services, Managed Services - IT Force, they are based in the Guinness Enterprise Park about 15 minutes walk from Heuston Station.

Just looking on their website now - helpdesk support position in Dublin.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • Options
    Thanks for the link, I'll check it out now, I have applied to several places in Dublin and have my c.v registered with all the recruitment agencies, mostly I use computerjobs.ie

By the way I am from Tipperary myself, but living in limerick as its close to work, i'll send you a pm.