Options

Decent inexpensive rack

livenliven Member Posts: 918
I have a BUNCH of servers, switches and routers.... Who makes that best "cheap" rack for home use?
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    I've got a 20U skeletek unit, cost about 60quid and its great icon_biggrin.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Skeletek -- google them. I believe the store is dantrak.net.

You'd be surprised at the cool racks you can get when businesses upgrade/close - check ebay/craigslist.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Skeletek wouldn't be my first choice if you were sticking servers in it (not any of the two post at least). If you have a bunch of gear, which it sounds like you do, then I would take a look at Craigslist and Ebay (for local auctions for pickup ideally to save a bundle on freight) as suggested. I would also contact any local companies that specialize in asset recovery/management, we've had to purchase server cabinets in our shop on a budget for other locations that need a single cabinet and have always been able to pickup a cabinet for ~$50.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just stack them up with and separate with a thick card board block. You might find them from your Office Service or Mail office... U know Free
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    bikini2a.jpg
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like Hero's rack idea.

icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I cant stop staring at Hero's idea of a great rack