ICND2 Failed - so close!

colink24colink24 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all

First post but been lurking for a while. I took ICND1 about a year back and got back into the stuying groove for ICND2 about 6 weeks ago.

Used CBT vid's mainly, online tutorials etc. Took the exam today and just failed with 807, pass was 825 from 41 questions. Ive gone over the questions and from memory I can only see I got 5 wrong. I had 3 sims, which took some real time and I finished the exam with 1 minute left on the clock

It was tough but I felt quite comfortable and feel I must have messed one of the sims up to get so close and just fail it

Feeling quite down but knowing I was so close I am gonna hit it again soon. Does anyone know if I can get a free re-take?

Thanks all

Comments

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    oh man so close..... bummer icon_sad.gif

still should be able to nail it next time....

not sure of the full details but worth a try :-
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/39540-retake-option-back.html

basically book it and enter code where applicable...
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get back in there!!! icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't worry you will get it. I'm taking my own in July and I'm scared.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • colink24colink24 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nothing to be afraid of really. I was a little nervous going in but the experience will bode well for when I re-sit, which is this Friday! I am gonna do a bit more on verifying WAN links and ACL's, as this is where I think I need to spend a few more hours (this is what my score report says anyway!)

Feeling confident though so fingers crossed!
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    You were close, I'm sure you will get it on the next attempt! Good Luck!
  • BarryprBarrypr Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ya just keep practicing questions and looking over those videos, I failed ccna 640-802 last month did it again last friday and passed so keep at it, it will be worth it when you see that congratulations screen at the end of the exam.
  • edelossantosedelossantos Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    colink24,

Try this promo. I have the same so close results when I take 640-802 (804/825) this month of March and I use this promo and schedule again for the exam with free of charge.
    This promo is only valid until last day of June 2009 (If I'm not mistaken).

As of now for the second chance everything would be sure because I learned from my mistakes.

If you fail the exam, you may schedule a free retake of the same exam by entering the promotion code: COMEBACK2009 at the time of registration.

Offer only valid for Career Certifications and Specialization Exams (not valid on online exams
    or the CCDE Practical Exam – 352-011). NOTE: All exams needed for a certification must be taken to gain back your certification.

Cisco Come Back 2009 Promotion
  • colink24colink24 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    colink24,

Try this promo. I have the same so close results when I take 640-802 (804/825) this month of March and I use this promo and schedule again for the exam with free of charge.
    This promo is only valid until last day of June 2009 (If I'm not mistaken).

As of now for the second chance everything would be sure because I learned from my mistakes.

If you fail the exam, you may schedule a free retake of the same exam by entering the promotion code: COMEBACK2009 at the time of registration.

Offer only valid for Career Certifications and Specialization Exams (not valid on online exams
    or the CCDE Practical Exam – 352-011). NOTE: All exams needed for a certification must be taken to gain back your certification.

Cisco Come Back 2009 Promotion

I did book using this promo on Friday and I re-sit this Friday! The code worked for me so hopefully I can nail it this time!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post though, I am sure a few other candidates will find it helpful

:)