Options

Second shot on monday..

docspawndocspawn Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All 293er's
Taking second shot after the first try dam near broke my brain, this time i've worked a bit more on the Cluster/NLB as caught me out the last time. Also this time i'm NOT going to go into exam with match sticks holding open eyes, must of study'd near a 100 hrs in the final week and NOT recommended. Bring it on..... (Eeeek !)
D.S.

Comments

• Options
    nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck for the exam, I'll bet that you will nail it this time - my 293 exam is in three weeks time and from the Transcenders I've been doing it seems that you need to know your stuff on PKI and clustering. Most of the other questions seem relatively straight forward if you've done 291; would you agree with this from your previous 293 experience?
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Good luck with the 293 on Monday. I started studying for this test 2 weeks ago, and PKI has been kicking my butt. I'm starting to wonder if this test is harder than 291. Doc, I think you'll pass this time. Study hard but not too hard icon_smile.gif
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    Thanks for support guys, I found this harder than the 291 but there
    is not as much to cover as the 291. PKI is hard to get your head around at first but when it 'clicks' it anit to bad. You need to know a fair bit about GPO's and DONT forget about clustering/NLB (like i havent already said !).Oh and I thought the Sim's were tricky but mainly in working out what the question wants.
    I'll let you guys know how it goes on Monday but for now i better get finger out.
    Cheers
    D.S.
    ps. I wasnt to happy with the Transcenders tests for 293 but maybe this is a bit unfair as such hard topic to test for.
  • Options
    Hi All
    Well i got a pass this morning to give me MCSA, what a struggle to study nites and weekends get this far. Anyway i'm sure you want to know about the exam and not personal life....
    I didnt find it to hard the second time, it was more or less the same exam i sat a few weeks ago. I did take notes after the last 'fail' and
    worked on what i remembered, which seemed to pay off. Also went for a walk before the exam and didnt study till last second !
    Group policys, Certs, NLB, DNS, clustering and of course security. Got 50 questions and 5 sims that werent to hard when you understand what they want. Over all difficulty possibly on a par with beast (291) but know your stuff and it aint to bad (you can tell who just passed !!).
    Good luck to people going to try, get in there.
    Doc

Big Jizay - have you seen Nuggets video ? What you need for PKI is there.

Nielpeel - dont forget NLB, yes 291 will help BIG time.
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Hey Doc Congratulations!!! :D

I wish that I could use Nuggets right now, but unfortunately right now I can't afford it. After reading the MS Press again, again, and again icon_lol.gif, I've received a better understanding about PKI. If you have any more advice but PKI, I'd appreciate it icon_smile.gif
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Hey Congrats!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done, Doc, really pleased for you. icon_smile.gif

Now you can catch up on your sleep!
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!