Who Blogs?

amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
Ok, so this may seem like a rehash of a recent thread on the CCIE forum, but I figured it's a question worth asking a wider audience.

I noticed some of us advertise personal tech blogs in their signatures, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread where the bravest ones can come forward. I hope it's not against forum policies, but this community is full of knowledge and willing to share it, and this would be easier than hunting through everybody's signatures in order to collect this data.

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I do... Though I admit that I don't update very often.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I do have a blog, but it's expanded out from being just a tech-blog to my rants and raves about all kinds of things.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I got my blog going recently. I'm trying to stick to an average of 1 post per a week. It's hard to keep that kind of momentum going though. I've been mostly focusing on Server 2008 Core lately. Fun stuff! I know at least one person has visited TE through my blog. :)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have a blog that I've started, with plans to expand. I've posted some content I came up with on the forums here, if you want to see the blog just look at my posts and you'll find it fairly recent.

I too unfortunately have been very tight on time to actually post new material. Started out by being overburdened with a couple jobs, side business, wife and kid, and full time school during final exams that caused a delay for me... then I got past finals and the engine in my car died, so I've been spending the past couple of weeks using the minimal amount of free time I have rebuilding an engine and getting that up and running again. I'll be back at it again though, I find blogging about technology (I plan to write a lot about what I'm researching and learning) is a fairly good way to learn and solidify your knowledge you have acquired.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The closest thing to a blog I have is Twitter.

www.twitter.com/fadetobrighticon_thumright.gif
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have one that I started a year ago for tech rants and to post various solutions I've encountered in my experience in the small/medium enterprise, sort of to document things for myself and to have out there on the Internet for other random people to peruse. Despite my best intentions and dozens of posts "in my head", I've only managed to post three things in almost 12 months and have yet to make it public.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    I do, well kinda. I have a blog following my CCIE progress and a blog following my attempt to achieve every single cisco certification. I have to admit i don't update daily or weekly at that. most of my time is directed towards studying. speaking of certs, i test for the CCNA:Voice later today. Check out the CCNA:Voice thread later today to see how it went!