just became a+ certified/ passed 602

kanton14kanton14 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
i just passed the 602 exam and i think the posts were correct...it was an easier exam, however, i stil put alot of time in + i think the best way to study is to incorporate the practice tests...they helped alot...by the way, i'm really not sure if it was really easier or if i just studied more for the 602...passed essentials on oct. 7th...good luck for those taking them!!!

Comments

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Welcome to the forums and congrats.

Are you planning on taking more exams? I'd say Network+ would be a good next step for you, if you don't already have it.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • bschwartzbschwartz Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I just passed my 602 exam today to get certified also. I couldn't tell you if it was easier or not but there was questions on both tests that I have never seen before.
    Future WIP 70-621, MCAS
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    I wrote A+ 2003 guys so wanna to upgrade do i have to write all the new 3 papers.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Bulletz wrote:
    I wrote A+ 2003 guys so wanna to upgrade do i have to write all the new 3 papers.
    Nope - you just have to choose one of the "elective" exams: 602/603/604. I also took the 2003 objective exams, and when I go to the CompTIA CareerID website & look at my certs there, what they show is that I got the A+, but I'm also "enrolled" and halfway done with the 2006 objective certification. The 2003 Hardware+OS exams = Essentials apparently.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • FawziaFawzia Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm preparing for my A+ exam( essentials, 602), any suggestions and tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Fawzia wrote:
    I'm preparing for my A+ exam( essentials, 602), any suggestions and tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks

-Know the objectives.
    -Hope you've got some experience
    -What resources are you using to review? Meyers?; Sybex?; Other?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • SollusSollus Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm curious. I've been searching these forums and was curious to know if Windows 98 is still being tested on and also if items like IRQ/Memory Addresses are still on it as well. I saw that IRQ/Memory Address have been dropped but I'd like to be sure.
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just sat for both the 601/602 exams and passed them both thanks to this forum and the great responses from the folks who post here regularly, next up; Network+!!! Resources used were the Sybex Guide, MM 6th edition, Testout vids & ExamCram.