2005 Comptia Network + Objectives

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Team,
This morning I went to comptia's wesbite and downloaded the new 2005 objectives and 2 questions came to mind.

Question 1: 1.3 Specify the characteristics (For example: speed, length, topology, and cable type) of the following cable
standards: 10 GBASE-SR, 10 GBASE-LR and 10 GBASE-ER

The above standards are not in my Exam Cram 2 Book by Mike Harwood.
I plan to look for 10 GBASE-SR, 10 GBASE-LR and 10 GBASE-ER on-line to see what they are. Any thoughts on these standards ?

Question 2: I was supprised to see that Blue Tooth,FireWire,HomeHPNA 2.0 did not make it to the 2005 objectives. What might the reason for this be?

Oh by the way ,Is it me or does it seem like most of the websites that us Tech folks are viewing now a days to help prepare for our tests, Weather they be for A+,Network Plus ext have material from very old objectives ?
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Good grief...I had to stop and look at the new objectives for a minute...In any case hope this link works for the 10GBaseXX information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps4835/products_data_sheet09186a008007cd00.html
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2005 objectives are not in force yet. I think that by the time they are the default objectives you will see more information on sites containing the relevent information.
    Unless of course you would like to front up some $$$ and then I am sure you can obtain the latest info.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looks like this beta test is gonna have some new challenges for sure.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I used Exam Cram2 for my Net+ also & it covers todays objectives not 2005. Like RussS said, you'll find books covering the 2005 objectives when they are actually out to the public.
  • stallion750stallion750 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The link posted above seems to be a good resource. I'm taking the new test tomorrow and I was looking them up. I also found and printed that page for study before I read it here, looks like we are on the same page.

A good place to see the different types of connectors
    http://www.cablestogo.com
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i have to admit im a little bit worried about this exam. I think i could pass the current exam within a week or two, but if i have a shot at passing the free one i will have to try. Now that im all buffed up on a few of the old subjects, i guess i will have to make sure i figure out what all this new stuff is, lol.
  • sharedlogicsharedlogic Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is one of the questions on the GBASE stuff

Which statements best describe 10 GBASE-ER? (Choose two.)

10 GBASE-ER supports a maximum cable length of 10 kilometers.

10 GBASE-ER uses single-mode fiber-optic cable.

10 GBASE-ER supports a maximum cable length of 40 kilometers.

10 GBASE-ER supports a maximum cable length of 300 meters.

10 GBASE-ER uses multimode fiber-optic cable.

=================================

answer: 10 GBASE-ER uses single-mode fiber-optic cable.

10 GBASE-ER supports a maximum cable length of 40 kilometers.

=================================

reference: 10 GBASE-ER uses single-mode fiber-optic cable and supports a maximum cable length of 40 kilometers.

10 GBASE-SR uses multimode fiber-optic cable and supports a maximum cable length of 300 meters.

10 GBASE-LR uses single-mode fiber-optic cable and supports a maximum cable length of 10 kilometers.

Hope this helps out everyone.
    Larry E Singleton