MCDST 70-621 upgrade

dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm taking the 70-272 next month to complete my MCDST, then am hoping to upgrade with the Vista exam. I have been using the MS Press books and associated practice test for the MCDST though I don't see a specific book for the 621 exam, rather two seperate books for 620 & 622. Can anyone recommend a study plan for the 621 exam?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You'll probably have to use both books. You can check the exam objectives, but I have a feeling it will lean more towards 622.

Someone else who is currently pursuing 621 found this as well: Amazon.com: MCITP Windows Vista Support Technician All-in-One Exam Guide (Exam 70-620, 70-622, And 70-623): Darril Gibson: Books

I'm not sure what the quality is like though.
  • dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for that, added to wishlist. It comes with practice tests for all three Vista exams, so thats handy.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The link Dynamik linked is the book I picked up for the exam. I will write a "review" on it after the exam.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The link Dynamik linked is the book I picked up for the exam. I will write a "review" on it after the exam.

Oh, that's who it was. I knew it was someone around here ;)
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Oh, that's who it was. I knew it was someone around here ;)

icon_thumright.gif
  • dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Picked up the Vista book from Amazon today. Taking the 70-272 on the 10th. Not impressed with the MS Press book for this one, it feels rushed, mostly the chapter on troubleshooting office let it down, where the info for each app is the same 'type xyz into the help files to search for a solution'.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Good luck on 70-621 -- I will be taking it soon --- just working with VMs right now and CBT Nuggets

icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I never saw a review of the book. I'm planning on taking this exam and then upgrading to Windows 7 later. Is that book worth getting?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.