juniper router basic - post here

rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi guys,

i thought this thread will help us - beginners - to focus in studying a basic juniper router topic like interfaces, chassis, basic junos set/request/configure command etc - so, we dont search the whole juniper subforum to discuss it - make it a lot easier i guess.

so, if there are beginners like me - please post your basic juniper router questions here, and just separate your question by adding new reply title :)

cheers ;)
the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.

Comments

• AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    hi guys,

i thought this thread will help us - beginners - to focus in studying a basic juniper router topic like interfaces, chassis, basic junos set/request/configure command etc - so, we dont search the whole juniper subforum to discuss it - make it a lot easier i guess.

so, if there are beginners like me - please post your basic juniper router questions here, and just separate your question by adding new reply title :)

cheers ;)

not a bad idea, I likey !

Plus you got some juniper savvy people like zoidberg and I who'll be happy to answer any questions.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Aldur wrote: »
    Plus you got some juniper savvy people like zoidberg and I who'll be happy to answer any questions.

And you're humble too!
    dynamik wrote: »
    And you're humble too!

Why ya gotta be bringing me down like that icon_cry.gif

On a scale of 1-10 I give myself a 9 in humility :D

-Bender
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks aldur ;)

so - how is your JNCIS-ER preparation?
    i'm at 80% now, done the IGP transition - and now marching forward to junos L2-3 services. but i need to review some of my multicast and OSPF+BGP a lot i think on the last minute.

shall i create junos OSPF/BGP topic too? icon_lol.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It's a nice idea, I'm definitely not out to discourage anyone, but won't this thread become difficult to search through once it gets to be four to five (plus) pages? With the new search interface for TechExams.net, I'd think it was easier to find things by searching the forum, as opposed to a single thread coming up and then having to search the thread to find what you're looking for.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi slowhand,
    but won't this thread become difficult to search through once it gets to be four to five (plus) pages?

nice question btw.

that is why i recommend to put that reply title - so both the audience/reader and the forum search module can find any specific title/topic inside the thread.

and of course, any member can post their own thread (eg. their specific questions/news) in this beloved forum where ever they like ;)

this was only an idea ;)

cheers ;)
    thanks aldur ;)

so - how is your JNCIS-ER preparation?
    i'm at 80% now, done the IGP transition - and now marching forward to junos L2-3 services. but i need to review some of my multicast and OSPF+BGP a lot i think on the last minute.

shall i create junos OSPF/BGP topic too? icon_lol.gif

oh it's coming along, not sure how to quantify it though. I feel pretty comfortable with bgp, ospf and such so i've been just focusing on l2/l3 services. Been going through them over and over and over to the point of almost getting sick of them. Since none of my exp is with services and more with provider level stuff I figured I best focus there.

Nice thing though is that I got the AJRE labs and student guide, lovingly given to me by my company :), and I setup all the routers in my lab to look like the AJRE lab so I can run though them. Although I have only 8 j series router, ya need a total of 9 for the full lab, I can run though more then enough of whats in those labs.

I'm figuring on taking the IS at the end of the month, Juniper is sending me to a workshop in Denver for ER and EX training so I figure I "should" be more then ready when I get back. We'll see how it goes.

-Bender