Which books for 271\272

AcestesAcestes Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I'm looking at doing the MCDST exams, with the aim of progressing to MCSE\MSITP etc. I've currently got some practice questions from one of the training providers (Microsoft recommended) and some training videos that found there way to me. However I was thinking of getting some books to help me study\cram from the exams. I've seen the 'MCDST Exam Cram 2 Bundle' but I noticed it's not exactly new and doesn't even cover SP2 let alone SP3! Does anyone have any recommendations for which book(s) to get, or does it even matter about SP2\SP3 given most of XP is the same?

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• NvermindNvermind Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Press books for both, although I found the book for 272 to be really poor!

I work on a Service desk currently so I had the advantage of experience, if you are not in that position I would go for either the MS press or SYBEX guides backed up by transcender and MS Press practice exams.
    Leave the monkies alone! They've got problems enough as it is!
  • AcestesAcestes Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I'm not new to IT by any means as I've worked in it for a few years and have a degree. It's just I recently lost my job and thought now would be a good time to get some recognised qualifications, as although I have the degree I'm finding nearly everyone is asking for MS certification in some shape or form.
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    I found the Exam Cram 2 books more than adequate and passed ok with these as the only learning source.
  • dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am using the MS Press books and the practice tests that come with them. I also use the trancenders tests which are more challenging than the MS ones.
  • bpmufcbpmufc Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MS Press + Trancender, for both Exams. Trancender has links on bottem of questions for addition InFo, very handy