syngress book

suren327suren327 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey all,
i just got done with my 291 last week and was wondering if the syngress book is enough to pass this exam..i have both the syngress and sybex but was wondering if i can tackle this with just the syngress

Comments

• murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I always believed that the Syngress book had more information in them, than most books out. Even though I have only used it for my 70-290, it had a lot more info than the Sybex.
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I read the Syngress book and the MS Press book for this test and the Syngress is definitely better (way thicker book too). I would advise to also go through all the labs in the Syngress book. Don't be like me and skip the labs and fail twice icon_wink.gif

The 293 just builds off the content of the 291 and then adds some clustering/NLB and PKI. Pay special attention to that stuff.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • suren327suren327 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks..i'll definitely go through the labs
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The syngress book is prob the best resource out there for the 293 from what i seen. However i found the syngress book incredibly boring and dry - so much so that it put me off sitting the exam all together.

Good luck with the prep.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    I second that the syngress books are great...used for 270, 290, 291...and am using for 293 and 294. What i'm doing different for 293 is actually reading the entire book instead of reading certain chapters...i'm also doing the labs.

I just barely passed 291 due to poor study habits...won't let the same happen with the rest.