MCSE w/A+/Net+ combo says Microsoft???

Ok so a week ago Steve77UK posted something similar to this...It happened to me Saturday. I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was taking my 70-298. I took this on Saturday morning and I passed. It was one of the easiest exams I have taken recently. I scored 892.
I was now planning on the next one to take as an Elective, however much to my surprise I received an email from MS this morning:
Congratulations on becoming a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer!

By earning a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification, you have made a valuable investment in your future.

We hope you enjoy the benefits of membership in the Microsoft Certified Professional community, and we look forward to helping you succeed as a Microsoft Certified Professional.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you have any questions, please contact your Microsoft Regional Education Service Centers, which can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/training/worldsites, or visit the Microsoft Certified Professional page http://www.microsoft.com/mcp for the latest program and certification information.

Thank you,
The Microsoft Certified Professional Team

I went to the MCP site and checked my transcript today:Microsoft Certification Status
Credential Certification / Version Date Achieved
Systems Engineer Microsoft Windows Server 2003 April 04, 2009
Systems Administrator Microsoft Windows Server 2003 December 20, 2008
Professional MCP 2.0 -- Certified Professional October 10, 2008 and look at the exams below:

Microsoft Certification Exams Completed Successfully
Exam ID Description Date Completed
298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network April 04, 2009
294 Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows
Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
March 17, 2009
293 Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Network Infrastructure
January 27, 2009
291 Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows
Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
December 20, 2008
290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Environment
November 22, 2008
3779 CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ November 18, 2008
270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows®
XP Professional
October 10, 2008

Any input?

Comments

• djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    Maybe they had a change of mind? :D
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, they don't list it on the MCSE page, but I've seen a lot of others get credit for those as well.

I always tell people to double-check and contact MS, but they're usually just happy to have their MCSE and don't bother icon_lol.gif
  • aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
    Awesome! And congrats!

(*hopes that will happen for him too*)
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Wouldn't there be an elective in this case that needed to take place?

If not, CONGRATS!!!
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
    motogpman wrote: »
    Wouldn't there be an elective in this case that needed to take place?

If not, CONGRATS!!!

Yeah, according to the MCSE requirements site, there should be. The A+ and Network+ isn't listed as qualifying as an elective for the MCSE, but in this case...

..strange!
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I always thought that the A+ and Network+ only counted as an elective toward the MCSA.... I guess this calls for a Congrats!
  • ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I always thought that the A+ and Network+ only counted as an elective toward the MCSA.... I guess this calls for a Congrats!
    That's what I thought as well.

Congrats!!! :)
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • steve77uksteve77uk Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hehe now I can be the one that says whoohoo!

Welcome to MCSE world my friend!

Congratulations... I have checked transcripts, emails, partner sites myself they all tell me I am MCSE...

I have an email from the big blue saying I am MCSE. I am leaving it at that. I have had another email saying my ordered cert is on it's way.

At the end of the day, there must be thousands of people who have done the same exams as what I have done. Do you really think MS will make that much of a mistake? They must read these forums. I spoke to my friend. He is MCSE and he didn't even do CompTIA and they gave him his one early as he met the requirements what ever they were at the time.

I was wondering if it was because I had took the 298 over the 297? Who knows..

However, I am not going to worry about it, I am taking it on face value and enjoy the moment... I have booked my 70-431 to be taken in 6 weeks anyway.

Just give yourself a pat on the back, enjoy and think what is next on that never ending list...

Well done my fellow MCSE

(yes, I am milking it as I never thought it would be possible!)

Steve
    A+ | Network+ | MCSA 2003 | MCSE 2003 | MCSA: Messaging 2003 | VCP 410

Now need 2008 Enterprise AND Exchange 2010 :cry:
    Jeez, I was planning on taking 297 but now.... lol
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    aquageek wrote: »
    Jeez, I was planning on taking 297 but now.... lol

You'll still need to do 297 or 298 for your design requirement. The A+/Net+ combo is satisfying their elective requirement.
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Yep!!! For some odd reason we're getting away with this A+/Net+ elective. I planned to take the 299 anyways so I'm going to do it just in case MS decides to wake up. I'm not the first person this has happened to and I'm surely not the last. Thanks for the congrats, I'm going to take it at face value. I've already ordered the welcome kit!
  • jhmedjhmed Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□

Firstly, congrats hustlin_moe20!!!

Secondly, not to thread-jack or anything, but how would Microsoft know that you were A+ and Net+ Certified?
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    steve77uk wrote: »

I was wondering if it was because I had took the 298 over the 297? Who knows..

First of all, congratulations, both on passing the 70-298 & of course becoming MCSE. :)

Second, has anyone here earned the MCSE by taking the same exams except for the 70-297/70-298?

I want to take the 70-297 for the knowledge as it is but if it means getting the MCSE sooner rather than later I might get the 70-298 instead! :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    jhmed wrote: »
    Firstly, congrats hustlin_moe20!!!

Secondly, not to thread-jack or anything, but how would Microsoft know that you were A+ and Net+ Certified?

Microsoft knows about my CompTIA certs because I'm also MCSA certified and I used my A+/Net+ for the MCSA elective requirement. That's what this thread is about basically. CompTIA contacts Microsoft and lets them know about your certs with them, then MS adds them to your transcript and gives you credit.
    **EDIT**
    I also got my MCSE Welcome Kit in the mail today, I'm legit.