Worst Score Ever

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
So I started this morning with my usual pre-exam meal of a sugar-free Monster and a fast food breakfast sandwich. I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to take an exam unless I feel like I'm going to die. On the way in, I had to stop by a client's location because their mail server was coincidentally down. I arrived about an hour early and finished my first (and only) run through my 237 Transcender. I averaged 88% overall, which is by far the best first run I've ever had, so I was feeling pretty good about that one.

I started with 236, and I managed to barely eek through that with a 718. That's the lowest score I've ever gotten, and a bit too close for my liking icon_eek.gif

My cmdlet knowledge was my weakest point, and I think I lost a majority of my points on the ones that had similar options. I felt like I did pretty good on the rest of it.

I redeemed myself on 237 though; I finished that with a 850. The questions were much more involved than the softball questions Transcender provided. It wasn't necessarily that difficult, but there was a lot more to keep track of, and you had to spend a decent amount of time verifying that you satisfied all the requirements in the scenarios. The questions and answers certainly weren't as cut-and-dry as 236. This had about half the questions of 236 and took me the same amount of time.

My marital problems have been hitting me had the last day or so, and I really wasn't in a great mindset to take these today. I went through 236 with reckless abandon (200 minute, 66 question test in well under an hour), and I was feeling a bit numb by the time I finished 237. I guess I would advise you all to not double-up on exams while going through a divorce (Oh, and I'm definitely going to take multiple exams again; I'm just not going to get remarried! icon_lol.gif).

Resources:
Amazon.com: How to **** at Configuring Exchange Server 2007: Including Outlook Web, Mobile, and Voice Access (How to ****): Henrik Walther: Books

Amazon.com: Mastering Microsoft Exchange Server 2007: Barry Gerber, Jim McBee: Books

Amazon.com: MCITP: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Messaging Design and Deployment Study Guide: Exams 70-237 and 70-238: Rawlinson Rivera: Books

Along with Transcender and VM labwork. I spent a little time with 24 Hours of Exchange and the 236 Nuggets, but not that much.

I'm going to casually start working on 238 to keep things fresh, but I'm going to focus on the CEH since v5 retires at the end of May, and I've been working on it for awile.

Special thanks to HeroPsycho for his private tutelage* icon_thumright.gif

*That sounds a lot dirtier than it actually was...

Comments

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Get back to work slacker....btw good job!!:D
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    That's the Worst Score I've ever seen! icon_lol.gif
    Hehe, Good work!
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Still 18 points away from my 700. :) Good job! Congratulations! Looks like it is time for you to retire sonny. :D
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Congrats! You should be able to get through 238 in no time...
    Good luck to all!
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

You seamed to pick up exchange 2007 rather quickly in the midst of all the distractions.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!

You seamed to pick up exchange 2007 rather quickly in the midst of all the distractions.

Nah, it's been off-and-on for awhile. I think watched some of the Nuggets and the 24 Hour series last fall. I was actually about a week away from testing when everything went down. I've pushed them back about a month and have struggled quite a bit to finish reviewing. My concentration just hasn't been there...

Thanks everyone. I'll try to get that elusive 700 on 238 ;)
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Wow 718!! Too bad we all can't get such "bad" scores on Microsoft test! ;)

Good job, and congrats!!
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Good Job.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ought Ohhhh!!!

Congratulations man! ! !
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats dynamik! You're going through all this crap, and you still manage to knock out two exams in the process. Good going fella! Thanks for the info too, I've been watching a few of the 70-236 CBT's to mix the studies up a bit (on what I'm calling 'Exchange Fridays') but it'll be the end of the year before I get close to pushing for the exam. Looks like I'll really have to get to grips with powershell.

Good luck with 238/CEH and the several others you'll have done before the end of May ;)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Nice Score! From what I hear, 718 is the new 1000...
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz Dynamik :)

I remember doubling up some security exams for Cisco.... I also remember the numb feeling after the very last question of the second exam :p

Keep ya head up :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job my friend! icon_thumright.gif

I see your latest exams matched up with your driving skills while I was in Minneapolis - we made it to the resteraunt, but just barely. :p
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a terrible score. You lucked out this time.

(Congrats!)
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »
    Special thanks to HeroPsycho for his private tutelage* icon_thumright.gif

*That sounds a lot dirtier than it actually was...
    Ri-ight. Sure it does.

Congrats on these two, as well. (Man, I'm just missing stuff left and right.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.