Options

JNCIS-ER preassement exam

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
Hey Guys,

Just took the preassement exam and passed it first try. I've been reviewing services for two weeks now and nothing else so I just took it figuring I'd fail it and do some more studying. It was a nice surprise to get a pass on the first try :D

Not that the voucher really mattered, work is paying for me to sit the test, but I figured it would be nice to get icon_cool.gif
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hey,

congrats aldur, 1/2 way to grab that IS-ER ;)
    while you were 2 weeks just sitting & reviewing that services,
    i get stuck here on that part.
    VR-inside                            VR-outside
    ingress ------------> SP -------->inside/input
    egress/output <----     <------ output

am i correct in intepret this as :
    every domain actualy has their own input & output interface and the sp module become their bridge? and we/ourselves become that sp module to correctly create the service rule?

its been a long time since my last touch on netscreens,
    so, i'm a bit off the track reading the material.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    hey,

congrats aldur, 1/2 way to grab that IS-ER ;)
    while you were 2 weeks just sitting & reviewing that services,
    i get stuck here on that part.
    VR-inside                            VR-outside
    ingress ------------> SP -------->inside/input
    egress/output <----     <------ output

am i correct in intepret this as :
    every domain actualy has their own input & output interface and the sp module become their bridge? and we/ourselves become that sp module to correctly create the service rule?

its been a long time since my last touch on netscreens,
    so, i'm a bit off the track reading the material.

haha no worries, I've never touched a netscreen, well unless you talk about the SA devices that Juniper bought :)

The directional input/output on the SP interface was something I really struggled with too. It just seems fubar when you try to work it out in your mind but from the looks of it you have the direction part down.

Every domain or trust/untrust zone has it's own input/output SP interface and the SP interface does bridge the two together by allowing the two zones to have different route tables but still have traffic that is directed towards the SP interface sent to the other zone.

That make sense because I'm starting to confuse myself :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender