Passed Today...

mrgetdown88mrgetdown88 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
But I'm a little disappointed.... I only got a 675, and I thought I studied a great deal. I thought I should have done a little better, but then again I only used one book to study, Mike Meyers Network+ Passport. I barely saw any of the questions on my practice exams on the actual exams. A lot of the questions came from left field. I used a variety of practice exams, from Transcender to ExamCram (Exam Cram sucks!! lots of typos and incorrect answers) Next time I will be sure to use more than one book
XBox Live: xGetDownNoobx
Working towards 70-291 and CCNA
Future Goals (In this order):CCNA, MCSA, CCNP, MCITP:EA, CEH

"Consider yourselves lucky I'm not after your gully holes..."

Comments

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

No doubt, The network+ exam is so broad it's dang near impossible to study every topic in depth that's on the test. I had the same feeling of the questions coming from all angles.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • d00dled00dle Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats. scheduled to take this exam on wednesday. I find it very boring just memorizing stuffs. I'm a little nervous, but can't wait to get this over with. Technote should help, right?
    Comptia A+
    220-601: Essentials - score 685 (March, 2009)
    220-602: IT Technician - score 792 (March, 2009)

Comptia Network+
    N10-003 - score 554 (April, 2009)

MCTS
    70-620: Configuring Windows Vista - score 807 (May, 2009)
  • rocalien81rocalien81 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey doodle I used the tech notes on this site and they were really helpful, I passed the exam with a score of 720. Good luck with the exam :):) this site is so informative and very helpful
    "Without hard work, nothing grows but weed."

Gordon B. Hinckley
  • mrgetdown88mrgetdown88 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TechNotes were very helpful, I probably wouldn't have passed if it weren't for those... Definitely use those!!
    XBox Live: xGetDownNoobx
    Working towards 70-291 and CCNA
    Future Goals (In this order):CCNA, MCSA, CCNP, MCITP:EA, CEH

"Consider yourselves lucky I'm not after your gully holes..."
  • CERTS4LADYCERTS4LADY Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Job well done - I go in today, 7Apr at 1330 to take my exam----wish me well!
    took the exam earlier today. I didn't do very well icon_sad.gif I got 554 (no kidding). I passed that's all it matter, right? i probably need a break. 270 Windows XP Professional is next!
    Comptia A+

Comptia Network+

MCTS
  • TylerMTylerM Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What version of the test did you take? I took the 2009 objectives and got an 820. I used Learnkey, Mike Meyers, and the objectives list. I found that if I went through the objectives and looked up on Wikipedia the things I didn't know I would learn it pretty easily.
    Current Certifications
    Network +
    A+

Working On
    CCNA

Eventually
    Security+
    CCNP
    MSCE

i took 2007 edition. I used sybex's network+ and technote. really need to pay attention to the objectives next time.
    Comptia A+

Comptia Network+

MCTS
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Tin_ManTin_Man Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

I found the Mike Meyers's book really good.
    WIP: 70-647 (5%)
  • rocalien81rocalien81 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey awesome you passed....I just purchased MCDST training Kit (Microsoft Press) looking forward to studying it and passing :):) (fingers crossed) feel free to post me any advise :):) good luck on the next Certification!!!
    "Without hard work, nothing grows but weed."

Gordon B. Hinckley
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Congrats on the pass. Oh btw, you probably know by now, there is no room for your score on your cert! icon_eek.gif
  • chkevinjob82chkevinjob82 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys, I just want to share with everyone that I passed my Network+ exams (n10-004) 2009 Edition today with the score of 842.
    I studied for this exam since the beginning of May. I used the Network+ Cram, 3rd edition and I used the free practice exams on the internet, I copied the questions and answers in Word Document. Beside just answering the questions, I also make an explanation of why the answer is right and why the other answers are wrong. I recommend those who are going to take the exam, make sure you take the practice questions at the end of every chapters in Network+ Cram, 3rd edition. And make sure you understand the explanation of each answers provided. If for some reason it did not explain the enough detail of why the other answers are wrong, try do a little research, because during the process of researching, you can learn something new. Good luck to everyone that are going to take the exam.
    My next step is going for CCNA, MCSA, etc... Just remember studied everyday for at least 2-3 hours. I think studied more will pay off so I'm going to continue studying for my next exams.

Best of luck to you all...
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on your Network+ as well.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats to both of you!
  • BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Congrats mate Mike Meyers Network+ Passport is the way to go when it comes to N+ even you score is great mate besides Network + is a tough exam is no jokes hey,
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • chkevinjob82chkevinjob82 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks mate, Network+ exam is definitely not an easy exam without doing a lot of studies. Even though the exam is multiple choice questions but that doesn't mean we don't have to study for it, cuz I know some people tend to guess all the questions, if they are lucky they can pass it without even have to study for it...LOL

I'm starting to study CCNA now, CCNA is more advance compare to Network+ because Netwrok+ explain the basic concept and brief detail of how the network look like in Technology world. CCNA and CCNP are more toward how the network is configured, because on the exam, you need to do some configuration in the simulator that provided during the exam.

Anyway good luck to me, I'll keep you all in post but it will take a while for me to register for the exam.

And good luck to all of you that's going to take any certification exams.
    Take care

Kevin