NETWORK+ Certificate question

phfatyphfaty Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone passed the N+ exam recently and if you have received your certificate, does it say anything like "This exam will be current through June 2009"? The reason I ask this is my A+ certificate says "This exam will be current through December 2009" on it.

thanks
A+ IT:03/09
Network+:WIP

Comments

• ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    phfaty wrote: »
    Has anyone passed the N+ exam recently and if you have received your certificate, does it say anything like "This exam will be current through June 2009"? The reason I ask this is my A+ certificate says "This exam will be current through December 2009" on it.

thanks

This was already answered in a A+ thread.

http://certification.comptia.org/instructors/docs/commonlyaskedquestions.pdf

"How long will the certification be Valid?
    CompTIA certifications are lifetime credentials. They do not expire."
  • phfatyphfaty Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do they also say "This exam will be valid through a certain date"?
    A+ IT:03/09
    Network+:WIP
  • ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    All CompTIA certs are good for life. They will never expire. The only reason you will ever need to retake one is if your company requires you to update it.

The exam is what you are referring to. It's only good for a year or so. This really depends on the what kind of test it is. Some CompTIA cert test get updated every year while others like the Network+ seem to lag a little longer. If you don't believe me call CompTIA and ask.