Passed 1Y0-A05 : CCA Certified for Windows 2008

Stef6707Stef6707 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
One week after the 1Y0-259 I took the exam for the windows 2008 CCA Certification. I passed wth a score of 75% (68% is required). My personal impression was that this exam is harder then the 259 exam. I also has more questions (81 in total)

Preparation for this exam took a week
Build 4 servers in windows 2008
Read the administrator guide, installation guide and the streaming administrator guide.

Put the focus on things that have changed between 4.5 and version 5, specifically with regards to the 2008 platform.

Comments

• bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Congratulations.

I did tell you they are likely to test you on the new stuff icon_wink.gif
  • Stef6707Stef6707 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You sure did tell me ! I focussed on the differences (OS and Xenapp) and that helped a lot. Thanks for the tip.
  • MarkLarry28MarkLarry28 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Stef,
    How long do you work with Citrix?
    I'm going to take the 1Y0-A05 in April and I don't know how much should I know.

I work with Citrix Presentation for 3 years, implementing and maintaning. I'm going to read all the guides recommend from citrixexperience.com. Is this good enough?

Thanks

Stef6707 wrote: »
    One week after the 1Y0-259 I took the exam for the windows 2008 CCA Certification. I passed wth a score of 75% (68% is required). My personal impression was that this exam is harder then the 259 exam. I also has more questions (81 in total)

Read the administrator guide, installation guide and the streaming administrator guide.

Put the focus on things that have changed between 4.5 and version 5, specifically with regards to the 2008 platform.
  • Stef6707Stef6707 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mark,

My first citrix experience already comes when it was used on a windows NT 3.51 server (i'm getting old).

But three years of experience with presentation server should be a nice start for this exam. Look especially at the differences between presentation server 4.5 and xenapp 5.0 AND also look at the fact that you install your citrix on a windows 2008 server. As you might know, terminal services on 2008 has greatly improved compared to the 2003 version. I would call it a citrix light version already. And you will see TS2008 popping up during the test.

Further I installed it on a couple of 2008 servers to notice the difference with 2003 + i read the administrator guide, installation guide and part of the application streaming guide and the web interface guide (all downloadeble as PDF's from Citrix)

I found this exam more difficult then the xenapp for 2003 exam i took the week before, but if you prepare it right you should not have a problem passing it.

good luck and let us know how you did.
  • MarkLarry28MarkLarry28 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mark,

My first citrix experience already comes when it was used on a windows NT 3.51 server (i'm getting old).

But three years of experience with presentation server should be a nice start for this exam. Look especially at the differences between presentation server 4.5 and xenapp 5.0 AND also look at the fact that you install your citrix on a windows 2008 server. As you might know, terminal services on 2008 has greatly improved compared to the 2003 version. I would call it a citrix light version already. And you will see TS2008 popping up during the test.

Further I installed it on a couple of 2008 servers to notice the difference with 2003 + i read the administrator guide, installation guide and part of the application streaming guide and the web interface guide (all downloadeble as PDF's from Citrix)

I found this exam more difficult then the xenapp for 2003 exam i took the week before, but if you prepare it right you should not have a problem passing it.

good luck and let us know how you did.

Thank you for your post and feedback.
    My test is on April 4th and I forgot to mention that I implemented XenApp 5 with Windows 2008. It's working like a charm.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    WinFrame, oh you poor soul. :)
  • dj2obodj2obo Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Citrix Training Environment Problems

Having PROBLEMS setting up citrix lab with warungplus ECTE download

Hi all,
    I have the warungplus ECTE Training environment and i have been trying to set it up with no success since yesterday.
    Please is there any body that can give me assistance towards the set up of the training environments in VMWARE or
    if you have had to set one up, please do give me a hand to get this over with.
    any contribution will be very helpful.

The problem:
    Trying to start an instance of one of the OS's
    I was able to start one, but the other will not (i understand that they are snap-shots)
    I tried to add the VMDK files as a hdd to the virtual machine but get the response that it is not a virtual hdd. Or I get the file has been modified and can’t open
    I have tried lots of diff. ways to get this started like trying to open from the file it self (no success).

ASSISTANCE PLEASE "VIRTUAL GURU'S"
  • dj2obodj2obo Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□

Citrix Training Environment Problems

Having PROBLEMS setting up citrix lab with warungplus ECTE download

Hi all,
    I have the warungplus ECTE Training environment and i have been trying to set it up with no success since yesterday.
    Please is there any body that can give me assistance towards the set up of the training environments in VMWARE or
    if you have had to set one up, please do give me a hand to get this over with.
    any contribution will be very helpful.

The problem:
    Trying to start an instance of one of the OS's
    I was able to start one, but the other will not (i understand that they are snap-shots)
    I tried to add the VMDK files as a hdd to the virtual machine but get the response that it is not a virtual hdd. Or I get the file has been modified and can’t open
    I have tried lots of diff. ways to get this started like trying to open from the file it self (no success).

ASSISTANCE PLEASE "VIRTUAL GURU'S"