CISSP in 2009

BobMeadBobMead Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
I know the question has been asked a hundred times of what did you study for your CISSP. It's a new year and I would like to know if anyone has taken and passed the exam in 2009. I see a new Exam Cram book is coming out March 3 2009 and would like to know if it will be worth buying. So share what has worked for you as I would like to knock the cert out the first time.:D
Press RETURN to get started

:roll:

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you read about JD's experience?

JDMurray TechExams.net Blogs

That's a very comprehensive review.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    There are several people over at www.cccure.org who have taken in the CISSP exam in Jan 2009, and a few are still awaiting their results. Check out this thread: www.cccure.org/ftopic-5511-days0-orderasc-0.html

I'm not sure about what's new/improved in the 3rd edition of CISSP Exam Cram (there's no mention of a 3rd ed. on amazon.com). The 5th edition of Shon Harris' CISSP All-in-One book is suppose to be released in 2009 too. There was speculation that a major revision to the CISSP exam would occur in 2009, but now it seems that's not likely to happen. This rumor was probably what inspired CISSP authors/publishers to release new editions.
  • JaeLeeJaeLee Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took CISSP 02/07 and just got email that I passed.
    I believe that the exam is OK for anyone who had already passed several information security certifications (such as security+, sscp etc) and have more than 4 years experience in information security.
    Of course, OK does not mean easy at all.
    I thought that I would fail the exam because I could only study couple of days and just read cissp passport book.
    The passport book was not the major factor to pass the exam, but it definitely helped just refreshing my memories of previous certification studies within short period time.

I am not sure that 2009 exam format changed from last year.
    Congratz on your pass! icon_thumright.gif That must be a big relief for you.

The (ISC)2 must have just released a bunch of exam results emails because a number of members at www.cccure.org have just announced their results today as well: http://www.cccure.org/ftopic-5511-days0-orderasc-15.html
  • swyble1swyble1 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Shon Harris book, attended the SANS at Nite Course for the CISSP exam, and used Michael Gregg's Exam Cram book, CISSP Practice Questions and the CD it contained.
    Congratz to you! icon_thumright.gif

Make sure you also announce your pass at www.cccure.org on their Catalogue of status for exam & exam results thread.
  • j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have both the updated examcram ckb book and the practice questions book. The practice questions book was ok, but the cbk book definitely seems like they were rushing to get it out. It has quite a few typos and grammar issues that make it look like it got the barest of QA before being sent to the printers.