Just took the CCDA exam and failed :(

YozhYozh Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all first time posting long time reader. I been using this site for prep for my CCNA and MCP, which I passed both. I also used this site + boson test to study for the CCDA exam and ofcourse reading the CISCO Exam certification guide. I just came back from the test and I think its the hardest exam I ever took. icon_sad.gif Passing is 825 and I got 709. On my CCNA I got a 925. The questions were way too hard. It took me about 45 minutes to get thru the first 25. THere were about 5 questions with 4 part answers, meaninng you had 4 sub questions in a question. Alot of talk about bus goals, tech goals, bus constrains and tech constrains. I could not image that the test would be so hard. I did pretty well on the boson tests and aced the CCNA prep on this site. Im planing on taking the exam again on the 21st any one has any suggestions ?
LIfe is hard, thats all I have to say.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass. I don't know if it is still the case, but there used to be 2 Cisco press books for the CCDA, and I heard one of them lacks a lot of info. Do you have the one by Anthony Bruno?
  • YozhYozh Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes I do. Anthony Bruno and Jacqueline Kim. Reading the book the test didnt seem that hard.
  • forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    Yozh wrote:
    Yes I do. Anthony Bruno and Jacqueline Kim. Reading the book the test didnt seem that hard.
    Check out this Cisco Press book. I believe this will help.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1578700698/qid=1102550554/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/104-9588216-2191140?v=glance&n=507846
    So you think I should buy another book ?
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Top-Down Network Design, that is the book I was refering to. I 'heard' it compliments the CCDA study guide very well.
    So you think I should buy another book ?
    It's been over 3 years since I passed the CCDA and used only the A. Bruno and J. Kim book. The exam has become a lot more difficult since then so I can't offer advice on your question. But did you get a lot of questions about topics not covered in your book?
    Well really, alot is not the word. Seems like most of the test was not on the book. I would get another book, but the problem is that I have to finish the test before the end of the year. I cant belive what Im finding out about this exam. I really tought this would be a very easy one to pass. Anyone else that took the exam recently can give me some points. Thank you guys in advance.
    Well really, alot is not the word. Seems like most of the test was not on the book. I would get another book, but the problem is that I have to finish the test before the end of the year. I cant belive what Im finding out about this exam. I really tought this would be a very easy one to pass. Anyone else that took the exam recently can give me some points. Thank you guys in advance.
  • forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    Yozh wrote:
    Anyone else that took the exam recently can give me some points. Thank you guys in advance.
    It seems you already know what you need to understand more to pass this test; make sure you understand the difference between business (organizational) goals and constraints, and technical goals and constraints.
    I see your point. I will study that and also get a xxxxx tests and practise with those. Hopefully on the 21st will be my lucky day. Thank you for your help guys.
  • pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Check out DESGN (Designing for Cisco Internetworking Solutions) from Cisco Press. I've just started studying for the CCDA and this book does NOT make it look easy (it's 1000 pages long). It's scarier than the CCNA. It seems Cisco Press makes 2 types of books: Core books and then the Exam Prep books. I think the Exam Prep books are supposed to be crammer versions of the big ones, and with more focus on examples and practice questions.

Anyway, I now know not to take the CCDA lightly. Thanks for the post.
    Finally passed the test on the 28th of last year. Got a 916 score. If you taking this test be very carefull its really hard.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Yozh wrote:
    Finally passed the test on the 28th of last year. Got a 916 score. If you taking this test be very carefull its really hard.

This can be a rough exam....I always use at least two books when taking Cisco exams.....when I took this one I also used the book Webmaster talked about...Top Down Network Design...... If you think this one was fun...wait for the final DP exam... icon_wink.gif
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
    DAM man HOW much you make a year with all those certs ?
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Yozh wrote:

haha...it will never be enough... icon_wink.gif ...Just wait until I finish that degree...and move on to the masters in information security. :D
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Yozh wrote:

The same amount we'll all make someday if we don't give up.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • MilkywayMilkyway Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Now if only he didn't have to spend so dang much recertifying all of 'em ;)...

(Oh my God, someone killed Ten9t6!! You BASTARDS!!!)

--MW icon_cool.gif