Just need to get this out

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
My mom recently had a biopsy and a CAT scan....

At first they thought it was just an ulcer, and that is what I was told on Monday after the biopsy.

It turns out my mom has throat cancer. Luckily it's in Stage 1, but she does have to go for chemo. icon_cry.gif

Comments

• ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416

At first they thought it was just an ulcer, and that is what I was told on Monday after the biopsy.

It turns out my mom has throat cancer. Luckily it's in Stage 1, but she does have to go for chemo. icon_cry.gif

sorry to hear about your mom...stage 1 can still be cured, don't worry that much. My wife's grandmother has breast cancer for more than 5 yrs now and she's still alive and kicking. Cheer up she's going to be fine...just pray.
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Good luck to you mom and best wishes for your family. I won't talk about Cancer and my experiences here. But my family and I wish you and yours the best.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have here take calcium...I have done lots of reading on calcium. You can get calcium injections to get concentrated amounts. but the reading i have done in AMA journals
    is Calcium retarts cancer..cancer is caused by a body that maintians a high acidic state
    the more calcium your body absorbs the body turns to a high alcali state (babies are in this stage) and 99.99 percent cancer cannot survive..My mother died of cancer when i was 12 years old which has made me look into this grave matter..GOd bless
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    so sorry to hear that f2b - I'm not really the praying type, but I will keep your mom and you and your family in my thoughts, and my best wishes to her for successful treatment and recovery.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□

Very sorry to hear this.

I have a good friend whose father had throat cancer. Similar to your mother, it was caught early. He had surgery to remove it and has had not problem since then. He is now 85 I believe and is very healthy with no signs of cancer.

Although this is stressful for you and your mother, my understanding is this particular type of cancer is very treatable.

MS
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I guess it's so hard for her especially since her mother died of throat cancer icon_sad.gif
    The cancer has not spread to my mom's lymph nodes. So she now just has to do radiation and no chemo!
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Awesome news!icon_cheers.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    Good to hear. My mom is a surviving breast cancer patient....she had to do the whole thing, it was a rough road but she made it, no sign of the cancer at all.
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great news, i'm so happy it was caught in the early stages. I've lost my cousin to cancer and am always grateful to hear when it is discovered early and fully treatable
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she gets better soon.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I'm very sorry to hear this, I know it feels bad. Just have faith, and whatever written is written..pray for her
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've had quite a few of my relatives succumb to (various forms of) cancer, my heart goes out to you and my best wishes to your mom. Here's to hoping that it'll be a speedy recovery and then a distant memory.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    While not cancer, I lost my dad to heart disease two days before Christmas. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Sorry to hear about your Mom's cancer but I'm sure she'll be fine. Best of luck to your family and do pray, it's the best cure.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
    My mom had surgery today. They're 99% sure they got all the cancer. When she goes for a follow up in a few weeks, if there is any left they can do minor surgery to remove it! icon_thumright.gif
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    That's good to hear!
    Good luck to all!
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thats good news F2B, hope she gets 100% better real soon
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hang in there.

I had stage 1 cancer a few years ago, but it was easily treatable with a few surgeries. I don't think you have to worry, there is very little chance of something going wrong.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about your mom. Just make sure that she is strong, because that matters more than anything. She is lucky that it was caught in the early stage. May God be with her.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Sorry to hear about your mother. My mother has beat back Non Hodgkins lymphoma 3 times now over the last 13 years. She has made a public crusade to help others going through the diagnosis. She has self published a book about her experience in a hope of helping others. I will add your mother to my prayer list...

Faith, Hope & Cancer...A Survivor's Tips
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    My mom had surgery today. They're 99% sure they got all the cancer. When she goes for a follow up in a few weeks, if there is any left they can do minor surgery to remove it! icon_thumright.gif
    Thats great to hear :) Must be a massive relief to you and your family.

To everybody else, go check any mysterious lumps or problems with a doctor as quickly as possible. The earlier you catch these things the better your recovery.
  • vanquish23vanquish23 Member Posts: 224

Nikki,

Sorry to hear that.
    He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.