Need Help with PKI!

I understand the gist of how PKI works, but I'm still struggling with parts of it. I'm wondering if anyone has or knows about any documents that give good analogies about PKI. I know facts, but I need to get a better understanding of PKI. Any help will be appreciated.
The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I seem to remember there being a few tidbits in the Security+ technotes on this site. Otherwise, I don't know. PKI was hard for me too. That was one of those things I had to tackle by digging into Technet, using the online help in Windows 2003, etc., and setting it up on a live system. Setting up the different kinds of CA's and having computers request certs and stuff like that.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Read This:
    Microsoft Windows Server(TM) 2003 PKI and Certificate Security

I only read about half the book before the exam, but it helped. This book really should be required reading for the 293 exam.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Claymoore wrote: »
    Read This:
    Microsoft Windows Server(TM) 2003 PKI and Certificate Security

I only read about half the book before the exam, but it helped. This book really should be required reading for the 293 exam.

Absolutely +1. I'm working my way through it now and will be getting the updated 2008 edition as well.