Certification Plans for 2009

1235»

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not a major change, but I am (until further notice) holding off on finishing my CCNP with the ONT. I am focusing 100% on the R&S lab/written simultaneously. I will take the ONT eventually, but it does not benefit me passing the CCNP at the moment, so there's really no rush. I am gunning hard to take my CCIE Lab possibly early next year. I don't know if it will be a realistic timetable, but I am going to try. Having said that, the implied task is that I will take the written a few months before that..which equals I need to get busy labbing.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lets see, finish EA, 647 is all that's left. I was thinking of doing SA as well, but I may not due to the fact it's a useless test for me to take. Either way, I should be starting by the end of the week.

After that, I'll either tackle Enterprise Messaging, or CCNA. Probably EM since I'm in Exchange mode after our 'succesful' 2007 migration.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    coffeeking wrote: »
    Had some certification goals for 2008, but with only 4 days to go I don't see them happening. On the plus side I was able to gain some experience which is more valuable than anything.

For next year, here is the list:

CCNA
    CCNA: S (might have to demote it depending on my Cisco exposure in next few months)
    Security+
    Linux+ (May be)
    OSCP
    CEH
    CHFI

Not a huge list but I know it is going to need a lot of work.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU FELLAS WITH YOUR GOALS in 2009!

OK so things don't always go the way we predict. My plans are changing. I should be getting my CCNA by EOW. Then plan to get on CCNA: Sec, which I plan to finish in a month or so, and that would be past the first quarter for this year. Looking at the content to be covered in my last 2 certs, I think I will be taking CHFI and OSCP out of the picture for this year. Will see how it goes.
  • 1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    After taking a 6-month break from studying, I should pass one of the CCNP exams before my CCNA expires (12/09). I also want 70-431 and 1Y0-259 done this year.
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    There was one year-- i think it was '07-- that i had all kinds of lofty cert goals, including picking up some Apple and SQL certs.

This year, with kids and college, I'll have to keep things a bit more basic. Currently, it's CCENT then ITIL Foundations then CCNA. I'd like to bump up my MCSA from 2000 to 2003 en route to 2008 MCITP and re-up my CNE, but it will depend on how school and the first three certs go.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • sagewalkintheresagewalkinthere Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd like to bump up my MCSA from 2000 to 2003 en route to 2008 MCITP

I don't think that's possible anymore... I think they retired the 2000 upgrade exam. MCSA on Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
    A.A.S. Multimedia Web Design, MCTS 70-623, MCTS 83-640, MCP 70-270, A+
    http://jasonereid.blogspot.com/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□

I don't think that's possible anymore... I think they retired the 2000 upgrade exam. MCSA on Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements

Correct. Although, you can use your 2000 MCSE as your elective.
  • PaperclipPaperclip Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Correct. Although, you can use your 2000 MCSE as your elective.

I just heard back from MCP help about this. It covers the elective, as well as the client. It would cover design even, but for me it doesn't since I took NT 4 which didn't have a design exam, then upgraded to 2000, so I never strictly had a design exam. If you went straight in to 2000, I think it would cover the design exam as well. So, "only" 4 exams.
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Paperclip wrote: »
    I just heard back from MCP help about this. It covers the elective, as well as the client. It would cover design even, but for me it doesn't since I took NT 4 which didn't have a design exam, then upgraded to 2000, so I never strictly had a design exam. If you went straight in to 2000, I think it would cover the design exam as well. So, "only" 4 exams.

IIRC, once I've finished my MCSA upgrade (2 exams) there are three exams required to upgrade from MCSA to MCITP. There would be then five total exams.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers