I'm mod of the new CSSLP forum...

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
...at www.cccure.org. I emailed Clement a while ago asking why he hadn't created a forum for the new (ISC)2 CSSLP cert on his site. He finally got around to making the forum, made me a moderator of it, and then asked me if I would mod it. I didn't see a reason to say "no," but if it seems a conflict of interest for me to mod on another IT cert site then let me know.

Hmmm...I wonder what kind of deal Clement gets from his hosting service.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm sorry to see he did cause now I have to be 'that' guy. icon_sad.gif Yes I'd prefer our mods are exclusive for TE, well at least when it comes to cert sites that is, and indeed partly because a conflict of interest. If you'd moderate for example just the CISSP forums here I'd probably look at it differently but you are a forum admin/super mod here and it just looks bad if our forum admin is a mod on another cert site as well. Certainly doesn't fit the image I like TE to portrait. That said, I know you like the site a lot, and I don't consider cccure.org a direct competitor, so if you are keen on moderating that forum I'm sure we can work something out.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The title "moderator" really doesn't have the same meaning at cccure.org as it does on TE. Clement and his wife are the only true admins; all the "mods" are more-or-less active members that only try to answers posted questions and don't have any official duties on cccure.org itself. So a cccure.org moderator is really more of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a particular forum. Spam posts, misbehaving users, etc. are all handled by Clement and his wife.

Anyway, I'll have Clement remove me as a mod. I really don't expect much CSSLP traffic at TE or cccure.org anyway. I need to make a blog post or two about the CSSLP and see if there's any traffic for it at all I can grab for TE.

Oh, and I didn't realize that I had been promoted to (more-or-less) permanent TE admin status. I assumed it was just a temporary thing to help out while TE was being hardened and transitioning to TE3.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    JDMurray wrote: »
    The title "moderator" really doesn't have the same meaning at cccure.org as it does on TE. Clement and his wife are the only true admins; all the "mods" are more-or-less active members that only try to answers posted questions and don't have any official duties on cccure.org itself. So a cccure.org moderator is really more of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a particular forum. Spam posts, misbehaving users, etc. are all handled by Clement and his wife.
    I see, well, I wouldn't mind reconsidering it after I've taken a closer look at cccure.org. Though from their perspective a moderator may be different from here at TE, for (especially our) users/members it'll be the same. But I don't want to be in your way either, as in I don't know what benefits moderating that forum could bring for you in the future. If you feel you can't get rid of your egg (yeah genuine Dutch expression icon_lol.gif) here at TE I'm sure we can change that as I'm open to discuss anything.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Oh, and I didn't realize that I had been promoted to (more-or-less) permanent TE admin status. I assumed it was just a temporary thing to help out while TE was being hardened and transitioning to TE3.
    It sorta was in January, and is also why I said forum admin/supermod as I think you should be able to do everything you do within supermod permissions as well. But either way, I surely was hoping to make that an as permanent as possible status in TE 3. I planned to post a topic when we launch TE 3 listing mods/admins (hopefully including 1 or 2 new ones) so members have a better idea who to contact.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I emailed Clement and asked to be downgraded to CSSLP SME. He's just interested in having a few knowledgeable members occasionally answering questions from n00bs in the forums, and I already do that over at cccure.org. If I ever had to make the choice, I'd rather keep my egg here at TE. icon_lol.gif
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I love eggs. Fried, over medium, on wheat toast. :D
    All things are possible, only believe.