What after Comptia Security +

arnabmkarnabmk Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I am not a security guy, but my job involves 25% Security and 75% System Administration. I wish to do another certification in the Security Domain. Any suggestions, which one I should go for. I am not looking for CISSP at this moment, but is there any other Security Certification which has good value.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Arnab

Comments

• gwamakagwamaka Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You may take a look at the ISC2 SSCP certification, it is a logical progression after your Security+. The details for this certification are available here:
    SSCP Education & Certification

Among other things, the SSCP certification requires that you have at least 1 year of Information Security experience to qualify. However, if you still need more time to accumulate the experience, you may study for the test and get your Associate of ISC2, whereby you will have two years to gain the necessary experience to gain the full SSCP credential.

You will also need an ISC2 member ( SSCP or CISSP etc) in good standing to vouch for you experience and sign an endorsement form for you. If you don't have the ISC2 member to endorse you, ISC2 will do that for you after verifying your experience.

arnabmk wrote: »
    Hello All,

I am not a security guy, but my job involves 25% Security and 75% System Administration. I wish to do another certification in the Security Domain. Any suggestions, which one I should go for. I am not looking for CISSP at this moment, but is there any other Security Certification which has good value.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Arnab
  • contentproscontentpros Member Posts: 115 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree shoot for the SSCP while it is not as well known as the CISSP it is a nice stepping stone to follow the Sec+. For most of our group at our office four certs everyone gets is the CCNA, Sec+, CCNA Security, and SSCP. It is also nice that some of the concepts crossover between these different certs.