FREE MS PRESS BOOKS? Any Info would be appreciated...

qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
So, I have read several posts on here that say you get free ms press books for having a Volume License Agreements, which we have (I work for the county.) Unfortunately, I am not able to get ahold of anyone at MS Press, MS, and our Rep that seems to have any idea what I am talking about.

Anybody have any info? Several posts have said that you can do it.

Comments

• qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Where did you hear about that cause i've never heard of such a deal?
  • RevenueRevenue Member Posts: 130
    Our Rep for MS New Zealand & Australia has said that the info in the above thread is not correct icon_sad.gif Apparently my email requesting some did quite few internal rounds and none knew about this icon_sad.gif

This is what I got back..
    Apologies on the delay on this, it has been doing quite a few rounds internally. It appears that the website is incorrect in that these are not available for free. I believe the Microsoft team are now looking to get this rectified as it is misleading site and not a Microsoft endorsed site or comment – thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Maybe its only certain countries?
  • qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    Revenue wrote: »
    Our Rep for MS New Zealand & Australia has said that the info in the above thread is not correct icon_sad.gif Apparently my email requesting some did quite few internal rounds and none knew about this icon_sad.gif

This is what I got back..

Maybe its only certain countries?

Apparently, it doesnt exist at all and never has according to MS Press, Microsoft Volume Licensing Dept, and our VLA rep/reseller.

That why I was trying to figure out how they worked that out....
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A Microsoft Technical Account Manager (TAM) - the person who administers the Microsoft side of a VLA has a fair amount of discretion and sending a few MS Press books at cost to Microsoft to ensure a happy customer may have made sense in the case of those who've received them. As far as I know there is no official endorsement from MS on providing physical books as part of any Select or Enterprise agreements.

There is however the eLearning courses which are made freely available to companies with SA (software assurance) purchased on Server, Application, or System licenses.
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Only select books are made available on a monthly basis if you are signed up for MSPress flash newsletter. This was a 25th anniversary promotion that may have expired by now.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/books/news/default.mspx

Check through the archives and you will see links to the free ebook offers.
  • JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    This month's free ebook is
    Windows Essential Business Server 2008 Administrator's Companion

Microsoft Press - Windows Small Business Server 2008 Administrator&rsqou;s Companion