HELP!! WsusDBMaintenance.sql where?????

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
holy crap...I googled the crap out of this file. where do I get it if my WSUS 3.0 SP1 server doesn't even have this sql script??
I looked and looked but nothing...Does anyone knowwhere I can get this DB cleanup up script for my WSUS server?
Thanks help!!!!!!!!

Comments

• JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    I will take a look at our wsus server for the file. Have you seen this thread on technet on related issue ?

WSUS 3.0 SP1 database size after update from 2.0
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jbrown that would be great. and if you like i can give you access to my home sftp server and you can upload it there for me.that would be great
    i gooogled the crap out of it. and nothing. Our wsus server cleanup wizard is having issues and Erroring out doesnt ever complete and well I am learning WSuS of my 290 exam as well this is good training..I just love Microsoft products always ready right ouf of the box! and then they ask for 200.00 dollar on top of that to troubleshoot stuff they they can't make right the first. time. I am in the wrong field.hahahah

but thanks let me know that would be awesome man! I appreciate you help
    or you could cut and paste the code in here and I can copy it and make the file myself huh? that would work as well as long as it is not too big huh? haah thanksicon_thumright.gif
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/sus/server/susvvb01.mspx?mfr=true

Got it from googling WsusDBMaintenance.sql, clicked first Microsoft link...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc708594.aspx

Clicked hyperlink WsusDBMaintenance.
    Good luck to all!
    did you click on the links? you cannot get the sql file. I got the same links you did but they ive the command line but they do not give the WSUSDBmaintenance.sql file which is the file needed to clean the database. the command line manipualtes the sql file. without thesql file
    i cannot do anything herospcho can you download the sql file did you try??
    I cannot download it it doesnt do anything did you try let me know
    thanks
    I got the same links youd did first try but there has to be files to download not the command line command it is nothing with the prorgram script
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You'll need to copy and paste the entire sql script into a notepad file and rename it to WSUSDBMaintenance.sql (or similar).

Then you need to run the sqlcmd string and point it to your script. (One word of caution, cut and paste the sqlcmd string into notepad first as it looks like the -i part contains a special character that you need to replace first - if you cut and paste it directly from the page it's likely it won't run whereas you'l spot it in notepad and can change it to suit.)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
    oh my bad herospscho and bertieb

oh it is on that screen dud i just thought it would download
    maybe that is the script on that site . ithought it was a mock of it.
    so it is the whole script huh? great will try thanks guys
    i just so use to click here and download this or that file.
    i expected that hey thanks
    ;)
    hey bertieb
    your note on cutting and pasting ahhah I was laughing so hard when I did a google how 100s of people were having that same issue with extra or non existing character transfer thanks man you the man too;)
    and you to heropschyo excuse me i was gettin a bit pscho there hahah;)
    icon_redface.gif