...Fell Short

NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
icon_sad.gif

Well, Monday I took this test and failed with a 624. I was extremely disappointed because I feel I know the material. I thought the first 20 questions were pretty straight forward and easy.....Then the second part of the test I came across the more wordy questions and must have lost my concentration and misread or something. None of the content really confused me, it was more or less trying to figure out what exactly they were asking that kind of threw me. A couple questions I thought were more like riddles, then questions. Manage and Maintain an Active Directory Infrastructure was my lowest scoring section, which I got like 50% on.

Materials used:
MS Press Book
http://www.techexams.net/forums/70-294-windows-2003-active-directory-infrastructure/19514-70-294-resources.html
Preplogic Practice Exams/Audio CD's/Mega Guide
MCSE in a nutshell
Home lab

Needless to say after I failed Monday I went to the gym and did cardio for 90 mins to blow off some steam. So not only do I have a crushed soul today, but my legs really hurt. icon_cry.gif
WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Bummer. I know you know your stuff, netadmin. Only missed it by 2-3 questions. Damn Microsoft, first you got to decrypt the questions, then figure out the right answer between closely matching choices. You'll do fine next time. I know how it feels buddy, I too failed my CCNA twice.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    This one is a really rough exam. A bit of a sleeping beast. Don't take it too hard, I was just short of your position with a flat 700 for this exam. Rally on up, refresh your memory, and go back and nail it. Like Essendon said, we know you know your stuff so I'm confident you'll nail it next time.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Aw, sorry to hear that. This one really caught me off-guard in terms of difficulty as well.

You used the second shot right? Knock that sucker out, so we can go celebrate!
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Thanks for the vote of confidence guys.
    dynamik wrote: »
    You used the second shot right? Knock that sucker out, so we can go celebrate!

Yeah, I'm using my second shot offer so I guess it's not the end of the world. Just disappointing...I have it rescheduled in two weeks.

Acapulco's this time? Now that will give me motivation. Nothing better than Mexican food and beer.

Well back to studying for now icon_study.gif
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Unlucky fella, but you're not far off at all and I agree with it being a bit of a sleeping beastie too. You'll get this next time.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
    A week and a half ago I failed again with a 662. After the time had expired, I was reviewing the questions I marked and realized there were 3 questions that were pretty much all the same. In fact, I swear 2 of them were identical. After re-reading the questions for like the 5th time I finally realized what they were asking. I put the same answer for all of them, and of course they were all wrong. DOH! Frustrating knowing you've done what they were asking like a 1000 times on your live production network.

Man, I'm on a horrible streak right now with my last two exams (293 and 294). icon_sad.gif

Anyways, I added the Syngress book to my studies and I'm about a 1/4 way through that. There are a few things in the Syngress book that MS Press does not cover, but it seems like just mostly review at this point. I going to reschedule in another couple weeks.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What's your opinion of the MCSE in a Nutshell section for 294?
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
    A week and a half ago I failed again with a 662. After the time had expired, I was reviewing the questions I marked and realized there were 3 questions that were pretty much all the same. In fact, I swear 2 of them were identical. After re-reading the questions for like the 5th time I finally realized what they were asking. I put the same answer for all of them, and of course they were all wrong. DOH! Frustrating knowing you've done what they were asking like a 1000 times on your live production network.

Man, I'm on a horrible streak right now with my last two exams (293 and 294). icon_sad.gif

Anyways, I added the Syngress book to my studies and I'm about a 1/4 way through that. There are a few things in the Syngress book that MS Press does not cover, but it seems like just mostly review at this point. I going to reschedule in another couple weeks.

Keep going, you'll get this! It's a pretty hard test so don't feel too bad. It'll make it all the more sweeter when you do get that MCSE (which you will, 'cos I wont let up until you do :) )
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • coax31coax31 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep going dude, nobody can fail it as much as I did, you are probably 2 questions away from a pass. I got a lot of the same questions over and over throughout my 6 test sessions, thank God I passed on the last one. 70-294 sucks, I only took 70-291 3 times and passed with an 810 on the third attempt.
    Thanks bertieb, I appreciate that.
    bwcarty wrote: »
    What's your opinion of the MCSE in a Nutshell section for 294?

I think it's a good 3rd or 4th study resource. Unless you have years of experience, I would not rely solely on it for these exams. It more or less just gives you an overview of each section that is tested on. It's pretty straight forward and to the point, which is nice because they make the sections a lil' shorter. It makes for good reading while doing my hour of cardio at the gym. icon_wink.gif
    Coax31 wrote:
    Keep going dude, nobody can fail it as much as I did

Just wait. I have proven a lot of people wrong in my lifetime. icon_lol.gif
    So today I went and (re)retook the exam. I just barely squeaked by and am once again a proud 700 club member icon_wink.gif

Anyways, on to the 297. Please, please, please tell me the 297 isn't like the 293 and 294 exams....can't....take....much....more....of....this.

I bought the 297 Syngress book a while back so we'll see how this goes.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Dude, the design exams are the worst of the entire lot. Good luck with that icon_lol.gif

Welcome to the club and congrats on the pass though icon_thumright.gif
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    *Applause* Way to go Net! Yeah, the ambiguity of these exams are killer! Given you feel comfortable with the material and use it at work, I'd say who cares if you got a 700! Well done!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Your the man, netadmin. Who cares if you got a 700 or a 900, we know you know your stuff and you know it too.

So just the one more to go, eh? Guess I have some catching up to do, am stuck with company requirements (ITIL, 622) and the Win7 beta.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    icon_cheers.gif man, your persevering has been tight and that paid off definitely.

Now drunken_smilie.gif
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
    Huge congrats! I knew you would knock this one out soon.

Good luck with the last one, I haven't done 297.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Woohoo! Congratulations! Looking forward to you nailing that 297 with a 700 now. ;)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So today I went and (re)retook the exam. I just barely squeaked by and am once again a proud 700 club member icon_wink.gif

Anyways, on to the 297. Please, please, please tell me the 297 isn't like the 293 and 294 exams....can't....take....much....more....of....this.

I bought the 297 Syngress book a while back so we'll see how this goes.

You get an "atta boy from me" I am the epitome of SLACKER when its comes to MCSE.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security