Port Forwarding (Web Server)

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

So i wanted to start off an exchange virtual server, but i cant seem to get my router to forward port 80 to the virtual machine i have set up.

Let me fill you in with the details.

I have set up an account with "dyndns.org" which automatically detects my public ip address assigned by my ISP to me. Lets say the address is exchange.domain.dyndns.org

On my router (which is the public IP address interface, 192.168.0.1) i have added a port forward of port 80 to 192.168.0.50 (The Virtual server) uPnP is enabled also.

I have set the server with the following address:

IP: 192.168.0.50
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS: 192.168.0.1

and i have set the server name as exchange

the domain is: domain.dyndns.org

server FQDN: exchange.domain.dyndns.org

Now i am just confused as to why i cannot get the website to appear. I have disabled all firewalls (As a test) and it still doesnt work, it just keeps showing my router config page, and it doesnt forward any request. I cant see the DNS address table on the router, but it should have the virtual server address as i have pointed it to the router for IP address assignment.

Any ideas / help would be appreciated!
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I assume you're trying to access it from inside the network? That really doesn't work well. Have you tried having anyone test it from the outside?
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    no, not as of yet. how does that make a difference?
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    wedge1988 wrote: »
    no, not as of yet. how does that make a difference?

Your router is probably blocking your local computers ability to use the port redirection through your public IP. I had a couple routers that I remember over the years disabling the feature on, Linksys I once had it was named "Filter NAT Redirection" or similar and a brief amount of time on a noname DSL router that was labeled "IP NAT Loopback". Look for something like this and disable it.
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ill get a friend to check for me tomorrow, ill let you know how i get on!
  • ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    If this is a home network then your ISP probably is blocking port 80 inbound. You will have to use port 8080.