Passed SY0-101 Today!!!

SidetracksSidetracks Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Exam was preety easy. . Anyways, score was 960. I didnt even bother to review my answers. I had 3 test engines going for this exam. The tech center that Im going to, ********* and Another one that I downloaded out of a torrent site ( ********).The best study course that I found was the ******** test engine. It was very accurate. I think is probably the only test engine I needed. I was out of there in 30 minutes. Next is MCSA and then Cisco. Then a break...I needed

Comments

• gwamakagwamaka Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It seems that you passed your exam using questionable material ( all the starred words on your post), a behavior we do not encourage here at techexams. We just prefer the hard cold studying method using legit material.

I hope I am wrong, but if I were you, I would not be too happy passing test a that I had most of the actual questions and answers before hand. In the long run this will not be helpful to you, as for all your future test ( and God forbid, work) you will be trying to do shortcut to accomplish them.

Sidetracks wrote: »
    Exam was preety easy. . Anyways, score was 960. I didnt even bother to review my answers. I had 3 test engines going for this exam. The tech center that Im going to, ********* and Another one that I downloaded out of a torrent site ( ********).The best study course that I found was the ******** test engine. It was very accurate. I think is probably the only test engine I needed. I was out of there in 30 minutes. Next is MCSA and then Cisco. Then a break...I needed
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sounds like you used some shady study-material. I'd recommend running them through Certguard and see what comes up. If they're showing up as ******* on this site, that means those sources are the type of material that's considered to be cheating. (Using real questions and answers from the exams, meaning you just memorize the answers instead of studying the topics and learn how to work with the technologies.)
    Sidetracks wrote:
    I was out of there in 30 minutes.
    This is usually a tell-tale sign that you had the answers memorized, you didn't actually sit down and figure out the problems based on actual knowledge. The difference is, there won't be a pre-set answer to a real-world problem as you start working. Be careful with these types of things, also known as ****, because they devalue your certs. You're Security+ certified, but if you can't answer basic questions about encryption during an interview, for example, the employer's going to assume that the Security+ is worthless.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    How do you score a 960 SY0-101 exam when the top score is 900? Was there extra credit questions that I missed?
  • SidetracksSidetracks Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Duh!!! If you take the training you will see that is theoretic and not hands on like the Microsoft training material. The whole course is based on what's the different between this or that Ex. LDAP, MAC, Virus and worms, different types of firewall settings, case scenarios, OSI model, differences between asymetric, symetric encryptions and blah blah blah.The only exercise that I got was to play with SMB Die. There is no sitdown and put toguether a faraday cage or set me up with a DMZ. I did mention that I do go to a very well acredited tech school. so what's wrong with getting extra material to read...After all, I did learn something. And you are right. I was typing so fast that I miswrote a 9 for an 8. But you got it figured out....Oviously you havent read anything about it. Although the Microsoft one was more hands on than information, I loved it. NOW there you get to work with Active directories, set up quotas, permissions, setup a RAID and many other things...Just so you know!!! And for the interview. Go ahead and shoot bro, Im ready...Let's see who talks to talk and walks to walk. And by the way, I like this site...very much, believe me, but the excersise questions are useless and dont even come close to anything in the exam
  • AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    Duh!!! If you take the training you will see that is theoretic and not hands on like the Microsoft training material. The whole course is based on what's the different between this or that Ex. LDAP, MAC, Virus and worms, different types of firewall settings, case scenarios, OSI model, differences between asymetric, symetric encryptions and blah blah blah.The only exercise that I got was to play with SMB Die. There is no sitdown and put toguether a faraday cage or set me up with a DMZ. I did mention that I do go to a very well acredited tech school. so what's wrong with getting extra material to read...After all, I did learn something. And you are right. I was typing so fast that I miswrote a 9 for an 8. But you got it figured out....Oviously you havent read anything about it. Although the Microsoft one was more hands on than information, I loved it. NOW there you get to work with Active directories, set up quotas, permissions, setup a RAID and many other things...Just so you know!!! And for the interview. Go ahead and shoot bro, Im ready...Let's see who talks to talk and walks to walk. And by the way, I like this site...very much, believe me, but the excersise questions are useless and dont even come close to anything in the exam

Oh man talk about those questions in here. I got scared doing the practice test in this website, they are harder than what my Sybex book has and than from other websites. Hopefully the test will be easier.
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    so what's wrong with getting extra material to read...
    It doesn't really matter what school you go to, nor does it matter how easy you think the exam is, if you decide to use **** it's still cheating. If you do know your stuff, why would you need the ****-questions? The point here is that the **** hurt the industry regardless of the intentions of the people who use them.

To make the point, a person could be CCIE certified with 10+ years experience under his belt but if he were to use a **** on the Network+, it's still cheating.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Unfortunately I have to agree with the previous posts. You passed by using cheating material that would get your certification revoked with the possibility of never being able to take another certification in your lifetime. Dont try and argue it here on this forum cause it wont sit well with the members here who pass their exams the honest way.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • daveinSDdaveinSD Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i found that the practice questions on this site were pretty hard at first but i also found that after doing some serious studying and then coming back to them i was able to get better scores. knowing the material is way better than memorizing. ive been studying my butt off. i have been using 3 test engines...make that 4: transcenders, the sybex testing material that came in the 3 book kit, RU Ready (which came with my purchase of my voucher and transcenders), and an engine that i wont mention because i found later after i started using it that it was a ****. regardless of the fact that i had a **** as part of my study materials i found that knowing the material in and out....at least as best i could know it....is what is going to help me pass more then memorizing **** answers...and so far it has.

i am taking my exam tomorrow afternoon....wish me luck!