Failed A+ core hardware

I just took the A+ core hardware and I failed by 1 or 2 questions. I scored 506 but the passing score 515. I think the reason I failed is because I have been studying for the 2001 objectives instead of the 2003 objective. I am going to retake the exam in a couple of weeks. Please does anyone have any suggestion as to the best book for the 2003 objective. Is EXAM CRAM2 good?
Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
Illinois Institute of Technology

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Sorry about the problem you had. Better luck next time!

I am not familiar with the ExamCram series. Just be sure it covers the 03 objectives.

In my opinion, the best is All-In-One A+ Exam Guide Fifth Edition, by Michael Meyers. Since you still have the OS to take(my assumption anyway), you may want to use this one.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i agree. that is the book i used for both parts of the exam.
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm sorry to hear about your luck. Just keep trying to take as many practice exams as possible. Buy the transcender for it. But make sure you take it soon so you don't forget anything. Also study for the 2003 objectives because things have changed.
  • Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Keep your head high....I did use the exam cram, with techguides from here, along with Upgrade and Maint. guide(2003 ed.) by Mark Minasi and Absolute beg. guide to A+ cert. by soper(que) - my score wasn't the greatest- but I guess a pass is a pass....also check out the exam cram download for 9.95 or so....
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • stallion750stallion750 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah don't feel bad, you'll pass next time. I had friends that thought they were computer Gurus, fail on their first attempt at the A+ cert. I feel it is the luck of the draw on what questions you get. You'll get it next time. :D