Passed 70-620! Advice needed

allegianceallegiance Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I passed the 70-620 yesterday with a score of 828. It was relatively easy, the simulations were very easy.

I would like some recommendations on where to go from here.

I was thinking either the 623 or 622. What is the difficulty on each? What is the best one to go for as a future path to further exams?

I also just wanted to say a big thank you to this forum for their help/technotes!

Allegiance

Comments

• PaperclipPaperclip Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am not sure about the difficulty but it depends which you think is more helpful faster, Consumer Support Technician or Enterprise Support Technician. No reason not to do both (well except for material and exam costs).

Congratulations!
  • allegianceallegiance Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Paperclip wrote: »
    I am not sure about the difficulty but it depends which you think is more helpful faster, Consumer Support Technician or Enterprise Support Technician. No reason not to do both (well except for material and exam costs).

Congratulations!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Is the 622 or 623 better to have if I wanted to eventually get a MCSA or MCITP Enterprise Admin?
  • PaperclipPaperclip Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I believe neither one of those exams counts as actual credit toward either one of those certs. However if you are asking which material is most helpful to be learning to then go on and learn the material for those certs, I would say 622. 622 is about supporting and deploying Vista clients in an enterprise. I think that 623 is focused more on supporting home users, and dealing with only issues of very small networks with no servers, for the most part. I have no experience or detailed knowledge of either exam, but I would speculate that 622 raises some issues of having the clients on domains, etc. whereas 623 whatever networking is on it is probably geared toward small home networks.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Paperclip wrote: »
    I believe neither one of those exams counts as actual credit toward either one of those certs. However if you are asking which material is most helpful to be learning to then go on and learn the material for those certs, I would say 622. 622 is about supporting and deploying Vista clients in an enterprise. I think that 623 is focused more on supporting home users, and dealing with only issues of very small networks with no servers, for the most part. I have no experience or detailed knowledge of either exam, but I would speculate that 622 raises some issues of having the clients on domains, etc. whereas 623 whatever networking is on it is probably geared toward small home networks.

Exactly. The 623 had NOTHING on domains. All consumer level stuff. That's why it's the Consumer Support. If you are looking for an Enterprise level cert (I don't think it counts as an elective for the MCSA, but the 70-624: Vista and Office deployment does), I'd go with the 622.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Certs are worthless unless you can use them to advance your career in some way. Sure, there are always bragging rights, but why spend all the money if they ultimately don't get you anything in return?

So my question for you is where do you see your career in 1, 3, and 5 years? Is it your plan to work as a Network Admin in a large company or in in a small, one-man shop? What does addoption for newer Windows systems look like in your area? Once you have these and other questions answered then start to consider your path.

But I think for a well rounded Net Admin a good list of certs would be to pick a few of the following:

Net+/A+
    MCDST or MCITP Enterprise Support
    MCSE Security
    Security+
    MCITP: Server Admin/Enterprise Admin
    MCTS: SharePoint Config (either MOSS or WSS) or MCTS SQL Server
    CCENT/CCNA

Of course a lot of these I already have, so I may be biased....