pros and cons of government contracting

bhs00bhs00 Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
I apparently am going to receive an offer on a contract job with a security clearance. I have a full time job that is pretty unstable now. I'm trying to weigh the pro's and cons of taking a contract job. Ive never worked in a government setting or any contract job and I was just wondering people's thoughts on the issue.

Comments

• empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    The pro's

Networked in

When you meet everybody and earn respect, you will be build a vast network for jobs and contacts.

Security Clearance(speaks for itself)

High Pay

Con's

When the contract is dead your gone. No shame. I've seen people let go and back in the building working a differnet contract a few weeks later.

-Crappy work by co workers.
    This is the 1 that pisses me off the most. When your a contractor your not really connected in with the people you are serving. For a military member I expect contractors to work equipment cause there son's dauthers on the battlefield need stuff 100 percent or at least know what the flaws are know they are being worked on.

-
  • d00dled00dle Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how do u get that job. any advice?
    Comptia A+
    220-601: Essentials - score 685 (March, 2009)
    220-602: IT Technician - score 792 (March, 2009)

Comptia Network+
    N10-003 - score 554 (April, 2009)

MCTS
    70-620: Configuring Windows Vista - score 807 (May, 2009)
  • inc0gnitoinc0gnito Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great for networking, very stable if your employer has a good contract, and for the most part a more relaxed clientele.